Re-gluing the "Aurion" letters on driver side door

nzzr6

So last night...I noticed there was some minor scrape marks on the side skirt at the very front. Oh well, I'll just get it repainted...upon closer scrutiny I noticed the AURION letters on the door appeared to have been glued back on (I assume they came off when the damage to the side skirt was done). But thats not all, the previous owner appears to have glued the letters back on without even checking the spacing between the letters :angry: . End result: I would never have noticed this small detail, but now that I do, it really bugs me every time I look at the drivers door. Is there any way at all to remove these letters, or get new ones, and how would I go about regluing them correctly back on the door?

Any help at all appreciated

What has been seen cannot be unseen... Anyway a hairdryer on low heat may help soften up the glue in order to remove the letters. Use something like tea-tree oil to clean up the glue mess. As for spacing I don't know, maybe make a template from another car's letter spacing? I prefer them not on anyway, but that's just me...

What has been seen cannot be unseen... Anyway a hairdryer on low heat may help soften up the glue in order to remove the letters. Use something like tea-tree oil to clean up the glue mess. As for spacing I don't know, maybe make a template from another car's letter spacing? I prefer them not on anyway, but that's just me...

Well might give it a go...just cannot stand it now, now that I know that the letters are incorrectly spaced, but then I am afraid of making an even bigger mess by removing the letters..

I would remove the letters with the hair dryer like Couzellion said and clean up with Double D Eucalyptus Oil, clean the paint of oil with warm soapy water, stick the letters onto good quality 3M double sided tape and use a 1.5 or 3mm window packer as a spacer for the letters.

A new 'badge' of the letters from toyota comes on a sheet so they are spaced out evenly, if the new one is not too pricey it might be just easier to buy one with the spacing done, I know it's hard trying to line them up but maybe like Couzellion said, make a template off the other doors' badge if you want to reuse the originals.