Howdy!

adizz131

Hey all!

Name's Alex.

This week I bought a 07 Aurion Prodigy, and I'll tell you what, it's a well deserved upgrade from my old car.

I used to drive a 96 Mitsubishi Verada, had it for 5 years, and was an overall reliable car.

But over time, little things started to go wrong... hole in exhaust, engine mount after engine mount replaced, along with other little things.

So yeah, totally in love with the Aurion, it's quick and powerfull, yet it still can boast great fuel economy (avg 10.8-11.2 L/100km)

It's a white car, and it has a (sportivo?) spoiler. It also has leather seats (standard in Prodigy??), and while some people don't like leather seats in summer, I always think, how many hot days are there compared to mild / cold days in a year" lol.

Only issue the car has is the electric lumbar support in the drivers seat is broken, when you press the button, the lumbar just clicks. But that is going to CMI Toyota in Adelaide on Tuesday for inspection (and hopefully repaired under warranty).

I work in insurance claims, so first thing I did was install a dash camera in may car.

I have put the camera bahind the rear view mirror, and run the cord up to the roof, along the roof lining where the windscreen sits, then down the A pillar, then road the dash, into my glove box, then placed the leftover cord in the little plastic pocket on the passenger side next to the radio. The camera plugs into the power socket under the radio.

I want to hard wire it into the car, but I have no idea where I could wire it into, as it needs a constant power source to power the camera while the car is turned off. So if anyone can give me a tip as to where I can wire it to for a constant power source, and how to wire it behind the dash, please comment!!

Anyway, that's it for me.

Cheers!

Alex

post-30784-0-58669300-1353643905_thumb.j

Edited by adizz131

Welcome to the club mate, congrats on the purchase. If you take the glovebox out there is a fuse box behind it where you could tap into a constant power source.