Chinese made cars for all the brands which maybe why cars are getting cheaper

jsta

This artical explains it.

http://factsanddetails.com/china.php?itemid=360

Personally I would rather I buy a car with all its parts not made in China.

Don't know what you all think but found that Chinese made are not as good as Japanese made.

When I bought my Corolla last year the rrp was $27000 now they are around $20,000 with more

gadgets in them like gps car nav.

These car companies all get certain parts made in China.

Mercedes-Benz, Ford, General Motors, Suzuki, Daihatsu, Honda, Subaru, Citreon Toyota all have plants in China.

I rather pay more for quality over super cheap.

Why can't they do two models, one with parts made in China and one with all parts made and assembled in Japan.

Cause it is an incredibly cost-ineffective way to manufacture a vehicle.

Two vehicles, different place of manufacture of parts, different variants. You have effectively doubled your vehicle offerings for no real gain.

Jsta, you DO realise that that article (which is a year old, anyway) is about cars from foreign manufacturers being built in China for the Chinese market, not for overseas (or imported)....

nearly everything is made in china (or other parts of asia) these days... as long as the company oversees quality control to the same level then who cares.

My brothers friend bought a new 4wd Toyota and it kept on going back and forth for repair. He finds out that the parts that were failing were the ones made in China. He's a mechanic so decides to buy the parts that are made in Japan and teh problems with the fuel injector and everythiung else now working much better.

And that is the problem with things that are to cheap to be true.

Its the same with most things. Not everything made in China is bad but odd how a Japanese made car doesn't have the same faults as cars with Chinese made parts. The major brands are all doing it now.

Panasonic dvd / recorders used to be great when made in Japan. These Chinese made ones are no where near as good and don't last more than 18 months before they start to fail where ones made years earlier are still going strong. The Japanese model ones had a steel tray where the Chinese new models are plastic and you can guess they simply don't last that long before they break.

nearly everything is made in china (or other parts of asia) these days... as long as the company oversees quality control to the same level then who cares.

My brothers friend bought a new 4wd Toyota and it kept on going back and forth for repair. He finds out that the parts that were failing were the ones made in China. He's a mechanic so decides to buy the parts that are made in Japan and teh problems with the fuel injector and everythiung else now working much better.

Its the same with most things. Not everything made in China is bad but odd how a Japanese made car doesn't have the same faults as cars with Chinese made parts. The major brands are all doing it now.

Panasonic dvd / recorders used to be great when made in Japan. These Chinese made ones are no where near as good and don't last more than 18 months before they start to fail where ones made years earlier are still going strong. The Japanese model ones had a steel tray where the Chinese new models are plastic and you can guess they simply don't last that long before they break.

Ahh ok.

So going from 2 examples, that means that ALL things made in China don't last. Gotcha.

thats the whole thing.. overseeing the quality.

Apple seem to have a good quality product, but made in china

most electronic items are made in china, a lot get assembled in other countries

Ahh ok.

So going from 2 examples, that means that ALL things made in China don't last. Gotcha.

No I did not say that. You said that.

Like I've said many times on this forum. Not everything made in China is bad.

And like I've said a friends brand new 4wd had problems on the Chinese made parts of his 4wd and after getting it fixed by toyota with the same Chinese parts and constantly going back and forth he then decided to buy Japanese made parts of a better quality and the problems went away and he finds he has more power when accelerating.

thats the whole thing.. overseeing the quality.

Apple seem to have a good quality product, but made in china

most electronic items are made in china, a lot get assembled in other countries

Also depends on quality control. Electronics sold to Australia need to be C Ticked certified and companies that have the correct certification cost more than the cheaper non C Ticked gear.

Take some LED lights, some that do not have C Ticked interfere with the TV reception wjere ones that are C Ticked don't. This is quite important if you plan to watch free to air tv.

Like I said not everything made in China is bad. I can point out 10 things that are good and 10 that are bad. Not hard to do,

If you google cars with chinese parts you will find many forums discussing this is more detail about problems.

Perhaps its the reason why there are so many general recalls on in recent years.

Edited by jsta

If u don't want a Toyota go get a vw, made in Germany..

I'm all hearing is blah blah balahebtorhwnskaihsnriuek blah blah ..zzzzz

You don't work for the car yard I bought my new Corolla from last year by any chance as they have the same attitude.

LOL:)

If u don't want a Toyota go get a vw, made in Germany..

Except for all those Golfs that were made in South Africa :P (yes I know the current model is made in Germany), or the Jetta and Beetle which are Made in Mexico, or the Polo which is Made in South Africa....

Which golf is this? Quality on par with the sportivo? No love at all...

Imagine a Mk1 Golf that just got 1 or 2 mild facelifts over a 25 year period...they were still selling them as of 2011, despite the original Mk1 being REPLACED in 1983

with all seriousness, of the cars i've owned, the ones made in Japan feel much better built.

nothing like japanese quality. (although duy doesn't like my leather!)

I dont like any jap leather. Aussie leather ftw

I've always found any leather seats to be annoying on a hot day when wearing short pants. Legs always stick to the leather.

Don't like that.

I prefer fabric any day of the week over leather. I guess it depend if yuo live in Perth or Adelaide to those that live in the cooler climates like over east:)

I've always found any leather seats to be annoying on a hot day when wearing short pants. Legs always stick to the leather.

Don't like that.

I prefer fabric any day of the week over leather. I guess it depend if yuo live in Perth or Adelaide to those that live in the cooler climates like over east:)

It's a drawback, but my car is generally kept undercover so it never gets too hot, with climate control on I never have those issues :)

Don't like that.

It's a drawback, but my car is generally kept undercover so it never gets too hot, with climate control on I never have those issues :)

What's this climate control button in your car please?

My Corolla has these temp buttons but never taken that much notice of them. I see it as pointless knowing what temp the car was inside but if it does something special that maybe worth knowing.

The car manual isn't that well wrtitten. Don't suppose there is a pdf doc I can download to find more what my car can do ?

My car is generally is the garage but due to the width of the car I tend to keep it out more than in. Only if there is a storm around I'll put it in the garage. My 2011 Corolla is quite a wide car and thankfully the outside mirrors can fold in by pressing a button otherwise I'd never squueze the car in.

Edited by jsta