Question regarding my test drives in different cars

CUSTOMAURION

Hi guys, I'm in the market for a black on black Presara 08 model preferably & have test driven about 7 so far & have walked away from 6 of them after finding that the responsiveness varies from car to car - some

of them are just outright slugs & a few borderline O.K

The car that I'm comparing them to is my mother inlaws' 07 AT-X which is super responsive & pulls like a freight train

Please note: all the cars I've driven we're medium KM cars ie 60-110,000k's

Could the reason for the difference in responsiveness between these cars be due to the way they've been driven & the ECU has adapted to that & it could be straightened out by driving the car harder or is it just dependant on the particular vehicle - also, is it possible that my mum in laws' AT-x is just a freak one?

Thank you

Hi guys, I'm in the market for a black on black Presara 08 model preferably & have test driven about 7 so far & have walked away from 6 of them after finding that the responsiveness varies from car to car - some

of them are just outright slugs & a few borderline O.K

The car that I'm comparing them to is my mother inlaws' 07 AT-X which is super responsive & pulls like a freight train

Please note: all the cars I've driven we're medium KM cars ie 60-110,000k's

Could the reason for the difference in responsiveness between these cars be due to the way they've been driven & the ECU has adapted to that & it could be straightened out by driving the car harder or is it just dependant on the particular vehicle - also, is it possible that my mum in laws' AT-x is just a freak one?

Thank you

Try putting the car in S mode. That way you override the auto box's logic which learns how you drive. In S mode I understand it uses the default shift map instead of the one it 'learns' from the driver