Recommendations for service by authorised Toyota dealer Sydney?

Elsie

We are looking for a good service place for our 76 wagon. It has one year warranty and therefore eligibility for their capped Advantage Service left.

For the past 4 services we've taken it to Toyota Sydney City in Glebe. Twice it came back with issues (once one of the hubs was not locking any more, once the tyre bearings had issues and were making loud noises and getting really hot and stinky).

Apart from that, just getting them to fix the problem again was difficult and they were the opposite of helpful.

Since we are coming up for the next service, we were wondering, if anyone could recommend a good service dealer in the Sydney area that might also do services on a Saturday. We both work in the city, so would be good, if we could take the car on the weekend.

We'd even drive out a bit further, if anyone can recommend a good service center that would do the service under the Advantage plan.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Elise,

Did you get any response to this?

I too have a VDJ76 & it's coming up for its 10K service.... deciding where to go.... the 1K service was done where I purchased the car & let's just say it was close to a mining area - not entirely convinced they did anything & not entirely convinced they will do a decent job in future... the car NEW! Has two dents in the driver's side which I did not see until it was parked in my driveway with much better lighting - they couldn't even be bothered replying to my email so needless to say the idea of getting it serviced by them doesn't particularly appeal.

FYI - I just had another smaller Toyota serviced yesterday at Waitara & while the office staff I have to say were clearly not on the ball it would seem?? they did go over the car as requested. I booked using the online service & they lost the booking.... the guy at service was ok but clearly having not the best Monday - that's ok because I can imagine he must get no end of complaints... the yard then called me just before 5 to say they "hadn't received my car for service.." I politely pointed out that their system obviously doesn't work because we had been there at 7:30 am & had the car serviced as requested..

I think a case of the left had doesn't talk to the right so what does that say about the mechanics workshop - don't know...? hopefully they are watching..

Don't want to void the warranty in any way & obviously Toyota should be the most logical place to service the vehicle but like you I would be keen to hear any other members who have positive suggestions?

Have always serviced all my own vehicles in the past for this very reason so where to now?? This is my 6th Landcruiser having done more than 2 million K's in them so I'm used to servicing them but this one has new car warranty....

G.

You COULD bring it to terry shields toyota... we have excellent mechanics and a couple of them are master technicians. We're also open on Saturdays till midday, we're just off parramatta road Granville.

Hi G!

I got one other response on the LCOOL.org forum:

"Stewart's at Sutherland seem to go ok
They are very good at trying for warranty work on your behalf if needed
"

Otherwise we are still not sure where to take it. Only got 3 weeks left :-) We are of half a mind to take it to the Toyota service center in Mosman this time. Either that or give Stewart's a try, if we can manage to get an appointment there on a Saturday in the next 3 weeks.

Either way, I'll post the results here afterwards.

cheers, Elsie

Edited by Elsie