Blacked out Taillights

Touring2011

Im looking for some blacked out Tailights for my 2011 Aurion Touring, the clears it have look okay but blacked out would be sick.

Any ideas would be appreciated, have tried ebay and no luck there.

Hoping to spend around $400.

Ebay has plenty of film you could apply, instead of replacing the whole light housing. That said, it may not be the easiest job to apply plus you may need to upgrade your light bulbs so they're not too dim afterwards. Or you can buy a can of spray too, Nightshades or something I think it's called, check out supercheap/autobarn etc.

I found the tint on ebay after seeing this. Shouldnt be to hard to work out how to put on. Just need the patience i dont have!

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_odkw=toyota+sports+black+lights&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=black+taillight+film&_sacat=0

I think with the shape of your lights your ganna have probs.

i tried with your style with poor results after speaking about this with Chris months back. It's the sharp edge on the convex shape thru the middle of the light that stuffs it.

We worked out that the only way was to cut the film. If you don't cut it at some stage you will end up with lift and peel.

Hence which is why i ended up using the older 08 model lights for modding and tinting.

Ive since gone back to the 2011 hybrids while i rework my 08's

I found with tinting the 2011 lights the brakes kinda looked ok cause they are LED but the blinker and reverse was crap due to the tint. Again which is why my 08's are out atm being remodded.

GL.

• 2 weeks later...

I think with the shape of your lights your ganna have probs.

i tried with your style with poor results after speaking about this with Chris months back. It's the sharp edge on the convex shape thru the middle of the light that stuffs it.

We worked out that the only way was to cut the film. If you don't cut it at some stage you will end up with lift and peel.

Hence which is why i ended up using the older 08 model lights for modding and tinting.

Ive since gone back to the 2011 hybrids while i rework my 08's

I found with tinting the 2011 lights the brakes kinda looked ok cause they are LED but the blinker and reverse was crap due to the tint. Again which is why my 08's are out atm being remodded.

GL.

wow bro that looks sick i need my lights lookin like that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine are modded 08 model tail lights.

Did you use the tint film? I have an 07 and want to tint mine but I will have to upgrade my bulbs to LED. How was yours done?

I haven't tinted them yet, but I will be doing it soon. When I do i will also have to upgrade my reverse and indicators as they arent LED, but I wont have to upgrade my brakes as they are LED already (Touring Special Edition).