Wakefield Park Best Times

I will point out that we were all on street tyres too... I know your friend has semi-slicks so don't start!!! :P

Curious as to what suspension he has though. That's not a bad time.

Zee and I have virtually stock suspension and Dave has Koni Adjustables, which are moderately firmer but not in the coil over league. We were also dodgilly hand timed on my stopwatch in car. I was just giving an indication of some times, this was not a competition of what is better...

my friend's stock DC2 (with street tyres too) can do 1:13s...

1min13s is a bloody good time if it is true in a stock DC2R. I have a Wheels magazine in Feb 2000 that showed the DC2R doing 1min 18.4s. But in comparison the Celica ran a 1min21.9s and the Civic VtiR coupe ran 1min23s. I have also seen a DC2R with AP 6 pot front brakes and no muffler run a 1min9s (spectator hand-timed). Seriously i think our Stivos that day easily beat the timed laps as it was done in our 1st or 2nd sessions. Later in the day we picked out better lines and got braver with our braking, we definitely went quicker. My rear swaybar also felt loose making klonk klonk sounds making me oversteer more than my last 2 visits combined :D but i guess i got better turn-in that way..

But what Dylan said is true, we are not comparing our cars to Hondas because they have double wishbones :( and the DC2R we all know is made for the track, weighing only 1085kg. All i know is the Celicas are currently kicking the DC2R's azz in the Production Car Series! :P

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Actually now looking at 2004 BFYB, Rick Bates drove the Mazda SP23 to 1min16s!! Pug Gti180 and Astra Turbo with 1min14s times. Cooper S Works ran 1min15s. EVO8 is 1min10s, Elise 111R 1min10s, M3 CSL 1min7s.

Now i would say all cars that day were unusually fast. It was winter though when they did the 04' BFYB and its Rick Bates driving. Dave in his Stivo would have easily been in 1min16s or maybe high 1min15s in the later sessions judging by how much harder he pushed :P

Edited by ZEEROLLA

my friend's stock DC2 (with street tyres too) can do 1:13s...

1min13s is a bloody good time if it is true in a stock DC2R. I have a Wheels magazine in Feb 2000 that showed the DC2R doing 1min 18.4s. But in comparison the Celica ran a 1min21.9s and the Civic VtiR coupe ran 1min23s. I have also seen a DC2R with AP 6 pot front brakes and no muffler run a 1min9s (spectator hand-timed). Seriously i think our Stivos that day easily beat the timed laps as it was done in our 1st or 2nd sessions. Later in the day we picked out better lines and got braver with our braking, we definitely went quicker. My rear swaybar also felt loose making klonk klonk sounds making me oversteer more than my last 2 visits combined :D but i guess i got better turn-in that way..

But what Dylan said is true, we are not comparing our cars to Hondas because they have double wishbones :( and the DC2R we all know is made for the track, weighing only 1085kg. All i know is the Celicas are currently kicking the DC2R's azz in the Production Car Series! :P

oops!!! it should be mid 1:15... sorry guys...

Wakefield park doesn't provide much advantage for horsepower being a tight circuit, it's all about the suspension. As Zee stated, Hondas have double wishbones and fully independant rears so stock vs stock of course they will show better times there. The weight difference is also a big thing at Wakefield into the breaking zones especially. I notices another time we were out there that we were kicking the @rses of some Monaros with the biggest gain being into the breaking zone , but it's also imprtant in our cars to carry the speed out of the corner too, and get on the revs early... tis is where the stivo, with someone who knows how to use the gearing to it's full advantage, really comes into it's own (as with VTEC also for the Hondas)

But he was asking about the 1ZZ corolla... and IMO I would say you would expect to get ~1:20-1:22 in close to stock trim.