altezza tail lights

lauschie

depends on how you recieved them .

if the wires are loose best way to go would be go to toyota and get the wiring clip like on ya stock lights and setem up like that.

i did this and now my lights dont have messy wiring all over the joint plus its a straight up swap (plug and play).

ya have to remove a fair bit of stuff out of the boot to get to em though lol.

youll have fun.

i got the guy that does my stereo gear to help me out as he used to be an auto elec.

first of all just like to known where you bought it from....because it should just b plug n play...

i did mine myself and it works fine....

to install it..all u do is remove the bak cover that is behind your lights....in your boot...then you have to unscrew 3 bolts and remove your old lights and fit the new one n put bak the 3 bolts....

with the altezza lights...ders an extra brake/red light on it...and isnt connected..

if you want that working..bring it to an auto elec or someone who knows how to connect wiring....and they should b able to hook it up to either your brake or parkin light cable...

i hope thats helped you..if not..pm if you get stuck or unsure of anything

il try n explain in more detail

which altezza lights look better chrome or black??

Hi lauschie check this link to see how the chrome looks like on the cascade blue

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...album&album=125

first of all just like to known where you bought it from....because it should just b plug n play...

not sure if u have a pre or post fast lift but i have a pre face lift and with my altezza tail lights they werent exactly plug n play..... the wiring plugs were perfect for the post face lift and they would have been plug n play but the 03 wiring plug is different so when we did the install we had to do a bit of customising to get it wired up......

which altezza lights look better chrome or black??

Hi lauschie check this link to see how the chrome looks like on the cascade blue

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...album&album=125

not sure if u have a pre or post fast lift but i have a pre face lift and with my altezza tail lights they werent exactly plug n play..... the wiring plugs were perfect for the post face lift and they would have been plug n play but the 03 wiring plug is different so when we did the install we had to do a bit of customising to get it wired up......

Love the sticker Bill.... :P

I know when Northy installed his post-facelift tailights in his prefacelift car he had to mess around with the wiring....

Yes it takes alittle bit of playing around with the wires but depending on ur knowledge of electrics its pretty basic to do!!! The main problem is that the lights come with a extra section which in japan is used as a rear foglight so wat i did on mine is to use single filiament bulbs and hook them up as extra brake lights (so if u look at the taillights......At the top of the taillights they are a duel stage or a double filiament bulb and at the bottom these lights just come on as the brakes!!

plug n play depends on what stock you purchased.

there are 2 versions of the tail lamps from taiwan be it in clear chrome or black chrome. the difference is the clip used on the wiring loom. you can interchange the wiring loom supplied with the tail lamps but you need to know what kind of clip you have factory in your car.

i cannot remember which is which because we have pre facelift models and facelift models coming from south africa and also japan so there are more combinations out there.

maybe start a list here who has already changed their tail lamps here what year and which country was their car made in and what size is the clip they got which allows for plug n play.

then guys who are shopping for the tail lamps and want to get plug n play can shop for that version they need.