Speaker Upgrade for TRD 3500SL

Hi guys

Im new to this site and recently purchased a 2007 TRD Aurion 3500SL. I wanted to upgrade the speakers in both the front and rear. I know that the back ones are 6x9's but I'm not sure what size the front ones are?? From what I've read on other similar posts is that they are 6x9's, but when you buy new aftermarket speakers that you have to make a custom mould or destroy the OEM's.

For eg this thread: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/31182-aurion-07-front-door-speaker-replacement/

I'm confused, couldn't you just take out the original speakers and replace with new ones?

Could you guys recommend some good 6x9 speakers that will fit in the Aurion (meaning speakers that will clear the boot bar and the window)

Thanks

Edited by Summer_05

IF I'm understanding your question properly, I think you'll find the standard Toyota speakers have 3 mounting points (screws) whilst all aftermarket ones have the standard 4. This is easy to overcome, just pull the door trim off and you'll be able to see what you need to do.

IF I'm understanding your question properly, I think you'll find the standard Toyota speakers have 3 mounting points (screws) whilst all aftermarket ones have the standard 4. This is easy to overcome, just pull the door trim off and you'll be able to see what you need to do.

the factory speakers have 4 screws. the reason behind making mounting brackets is because those 4 screw holes are not in the same place as a normal 6x9

the factory speakers have 4 screws. the reason behind making mounting brackets is because those 4 screw holes are not in the same place as a normal 6x9

Yeah that's right. Now that I think about it it's Corollas that have a 3 hole speaker mount. It really depends on the speakers you buy though whether or not you need to make a mounting bracket. I'm pretty sure I just drilled some extra holes...

no matter what speaker you buy, except if its a factory one, you'll need a bracket. on top of that you'll need to work out spacers to deal with mounting depth.

no matter what speaker you buy, except if its a factory one, you'll need a bracket. on top of that you'll need to work out spacers to deal with mounting depth.

Thanks, this will help me

Fair enough, I'm sure you're right. I don't recall making any brackets when I put Kenwoods in my car, but I have worked on a lot of cars since then...

Fair enough, I'm sure you're right. I don't recall making any brackets when I put Kenwoods in my car, but I have worked on a lot of cars since then...

as you said before, you drilled extra holes, but for those who dont want to, then the bracket is their only option

i've only just done a full system install in my car in december, so its quite fresh in my head what had to be done