Fog light wiring left and right

Hi Everyone,

Been a while since I've been back here because I've got a brand new Civic these days! Anyway, we still have the Corolla as my brother drives it these days. It's a ZZE122R Ascent that has a plug looking thing on the drivers side for the fog lights. So what I wanted to know is this...

I only found one connector on the drivers side of the car. I could NOT find a connector on the passenger side of the car. After owning a Honda, my Honda has the same thing... one connector on the drivers side only and the left fog light is connected to the right one via a harness and then into that harness I mentioned earlier on the right side.

Is this the case with the ZZE Corolla as well? I picked up an indicator stalk with the OEM fog light switch for $50... couldn't say no to a part that should cost $300 at the dealer even though it wasn't my car!

I still have a soft spot for my old ZZE Corolla. LOL.

Thanks.

Actually, all good now. Managed to find the right hand side connector hiding behind a beam in there. So I've got a left and right connector. It's like brown/red in colour... kinda disguises with the red colour of my car.

you found fog light housing for $50 for the pair?!

i would love to know where you found them =)

or was it a private seller?

EDIT: my bad, got excited and thought that's what u meant by indicator stalk lol

to get the foglights to work though you would've had to purchase the fog light housing or does ur car already have it?

Edited by rich70

• 9 months later...

you found fog light housing for $50 for the pair?!

i would love to know where you found them =)

or was it a private seller?

EDIT: my bad, got excited and thought that's what u meant by indicator stalk lol

to get the foglights to work though you would've had to purchase the fog light housing or does ur car already have it?

Been a while since I looked into the car. Anyway, car has no fog lights but I did manage to install the sportivo stalk a few weeks ago when the original stalk co-incidentally let go and wouldn't let me use the headlights!

I saw some fog light kit for the ZZE on eBay for $113. Comes with two housings, bulbs, relay, screws and wiring with a switch for non prewired cars... this should work for me right? I just don't use the loom or the switch correct?

• 3 weeks later...

How'd you go with installing your foggies?

Does anyone here know if they need to be screwed in or just click into place?

Edited by C-rolla

How'd you go with installing your foggies?

Does anyone here know if they need to be screwed in or just click into place?

Haven't bought the housings yet, got the micro relay on order so far though. The fog light housing has clips on one edge and a single screw type bracket in the lower front bit to hole it on.

• 1 month later...

When I went to install my fog lights... Got from carsrus, they feel loose in position.

I don't see any screws to hold it in place. All there is are 2 holes. 1 to guide into position on oneside and a plastic clip on the other.

Feels wobbly I can move it up n down... Thinking I might have to sikaflex to hold them tight.