HELP!!!! 2004 Toyota Corolla 1ZZ-FE not starting first go any more.

Hi Guys

Looking for some help with my car please- I replaced my fuel filter a week ago but ever since then my car wont start first pop,I have to turn back key to off and it will only start second time around. It tends to do it after its been runing (when hot) but in the morning it will start first pop.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Guys

ok so theres a little cap on the top of the filter that looks like a temporary cap but it isnt and your not supposed to remove it. you didnt take it off did you? if you did it will be your problem, if not there is a rubber that inserts up into the filter housing and seals on the end of the fuel pump, check its there also, and then on the bottom theres the little mushroom looking thing which is a pressure regulator, it also has an oring/rubber, make sure it is there too.

Thanks Daniboy,No i didnt remove that top cap mate,I removed all seal's and put them back in place with a bit of vaseline.(fuel pump seal and mushroom cap,Regulator seal) I did use a RYCO filter tho not a a genuine Toyota filter. Have you had any problems Dani with RYCO filters?? Thanks heaps for your input mate.

Thanks Daniboy,No i didnt remove that top cap mate,I removed all seal's put them back in place with a bit of vaseline.(fuel pump seal and mushroom cap,Regulator seal) I did use a RYCO filter tho not a a genuine Toyota filter. Have you had any problems Dani with RYCO filters?? Thanks heaps for your input mate.

Very unlikely that using ryco is the cause. Ryco filters generally exceed genuine quality, and they do not void manufacturer warranties. Out of intrrest, how many km's have you done since the change?

Edited by rollaurion

Thanks Daniboy,No i didnt remove that top cap mate,I removed all seal's put them back in place with a bit of vaseline.(fuel pump seal and mushroom cap,Regulator seal) I did use a RYCO filter tho not a a genuine Toyota filter. Have you had any problems Dani with RYCO filters?? Thanks heaps for your input mate.

Very unlikely that using ryco is the cause. Ryco filters generally exceed genuine quality, and they do not void manufacturer warranties. Out of intrrest, how many km's have you done since the change?

Ive done about 250ks since the filter replacement. car ks are 200,000kms wondering if i should just replace the fuel pump well im at it?? Cheers Dani.

ryco filters are good, it would usually come with the rubber that goes onto the fuel pump and you would use that not your original one as the ryco has a slightly longer rubber, but in saying that i cant see using the original rubber as an issue unless it was a loose fit in which case it would cause issues with petrol drainback and cause the car to not start until second kick when petrol has built up enough pressure

ryco filters are good, it would usually come with the rubber that goes onto the fuel pump and you would use that not your original one as the ryco has a slightly longer rubber, but in saying that i cant see using the original rubber as an issue unless it was a loose fit in which case it would cause issues with petrol drainback and cause the car to not start until second kick when petrol has built up enough pressure

Hi daniboy

I took out the filter and checked that rubber tonight, you are right the ryco one is a little long and i did use that one,Car is still doing the same thing.