Kluger vs hilux towing

Hi all I currently own a 2010 hilux 4x4 td manual and my wife owns a 2010 kluger I am going from melbourne to eden 650km and towing a boat about 1850 to 1950kilos and wanted to no how the kluger would tow compared to hilux

Braked towing capacity of the Kluger is 2000kg so no issues there.

SO long as you are willing to get about 300km out of a tank of fuel, Kluger will be fine :)

Hi david, I have towed around 1500kg with my kluger and they tow quiet well, the v6 has plenty of power for towing, maybe not quiet the low down grunt the d4d diesel has, but on the open road I dont think there would be much difference, if anthing I reckon the kluger would pull it better, especialy with 201killwasps, there little difference between the two for torque 337 NM kluger, 343 NM hilux, personally I dont think the kluger to bad on fuel when towing , the best I have achieved towing a boogie trailer fully laden with pavers around 1500kg going over to newcastle, and I averaged under 13L100, but towing a boat maybe around 15 to 16 L 100 more realistic, you wont match the hilux for towing fuel economy ,but the kluger will be fine for the job.

If you want more info mate have a look in the kluger section on this forum about kluger for towing, it will give you a rough idea of kluger owners on the oppinion on how they tow.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I took the punt and used the kluger whilst it returned figures of 18l per 100km used probably an extra tank over the whole trip compared to the hilux, it was in a different class to the hilux much more comfortable to tow better power pulled up the hills with no fuss wat so ever would recommend the kluger any day but of co**** with the compromise of the fuel