WTFFFF!!! My Camry is loud now!!!

Sportivo_05

I went for a drive last night over springbrook, got nearly to the top and noticed my camry was loud..... i pulled over checked up the hood and then along the exhuast under the car, there are no abnormalities at all.... and the noise is coming out the back of the exhaust where it should hahaha... i swear this car has a mind of it own.... sometimes is lower than usual sometimes it sits like a 4by..... and iv been wanting and exaust system and now it done it for me ahhahaha i like to call it HERBIE cos everyday the car feels different...

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

While the car is idling, cover up the exhaust pipe with your foot (wearing a thong or something), or if everything is cold you can use your palm, then listen for any obvious leaks.

I done that aswell and then i had another look this morning and there aint no leaks... the noise is coming out the rear of the exaust where its suppose to lol

hahaha i wish lol... V12 camry sportivo.... the only leak is in the same spot as every car... out the ar5e of the thing hahahah....

hahaha nah i mean like loud.... almost as if it has a storts exhaust system... its weird though... it sounds like an exhaust leak but wen i cover up the end of the exhaust the noise stops.... could it be possible that that cat has blown out?

hahaha nah i mean like loud.... almost as if it has a storts exhaust system... its weird though... it sounds like an exhaust leak but wen i cover up the end of the exhaust the noise stops.... could it be possible that that cat has blown out?

I would more likely say something inside your muffler has in that case.

yeh.. hopefully it will still pass rego cos its due next week lol.... otherwise it will be an excuss to get an after market exhaust :P

yeh.. hopefully it will still pass rego cos its due next week lol.... otherwise it will be an excuss to get an after market exhaust :P

Not really worth it if you don't get a header-back system (or fix up the y-pipe, the biggest restriction). You won't get much power and a fair bit of drone and rubbish noise.

Yeh tru ay... meh might just go to an exhaust place and ask if it will still pass rego... it sounds like ar$e atm though and its getting louder :S

Taking a stab in the dark here and forgetting the exhaust for a second, but hopefully its not an engine knock? If as you say its getting louder, it may indicate that somethings about to pop. Probably worth getting it looked over (and check your oil too)

Hard to say without hearing it really, maybe you could post up a vid?

i'll try gettin a video up mate... it only have a service last monday (29/04/13) and the mechanic said its in perfect order ( i trust this bloke as my family has delt with him for about 4 years now and he is one of dads good mates).... it is an odd noise but defintly coming fromt he exhaust, if it was an engine knock or another noise i would be able to hear it in the engine bay area... the noise only comes out the back ive checked everywhere over the can and the aint no other noises :S