Yaris engine noise

Raty

I've had my Yaris now for just over a day and clocked up a few hundred km's between work. I'm noticing a problem though.

I've never driven a small car before, so im not sure what is normal. My problem is there is no way to perceive if the revs are high enough to let out the clutch.

Is there such a thing as TOO quiet?

The dash display is in the centre of car, and i'm having trouble adjusting to it. My eyes just arnt used to looking there while driving.

I paid $15,590 for the 5 door YR. I also spent a few grand on a protection package because the car will be parked within 50m of the beach for between 30 and 40 hours a week.

Aparently I was the first 5 door Yaris sale in WA. I can claim trendsetting status if it takes off :D

after reading your post I just realized my manual driving depends on the noise the engine makes, does it make your driving less enjoyable though?

does that price includes on road costs? I'm also aiming for 5 door YR manual myself hopefully I can get the same price as yours. :D

Yes, it does make driving the car less enjoyable. I don't like to think about my driving when im driving. I've driven manuals all my driving life and this is the first time ive had a problem.

No, that was just the car price.

Other costs totalled up to $4,148.50 (DD/SD/rego/car care)

It will be difficult to get that price for the next few months. I only got that price because my echo purchase fell through and they 'did right' by selling the yaris at the echo price.

I can be a real prick when I need to be :)

• 4 weeks later...

why dun u just get a little shift light put sumwhere in ur dash and flush mount it so that it looks factory???? I think this would not be negative thing if u were to sell your car and if it was dun properly and neat this maybe a nice selling point as the person interested may also have a shifting problem???!!!!You just never know??!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have just ordered a Yaris YRX 5 Door Manual with the extra safety pack (7 Airbags) - managed to get the dealer to pay for safety pack ($750), but only because he is a mate of a mate - otherwise its full retail, as they cannot keep-up with demand (Toyota has sold over 1700 Yaris's in the last month).

My total came to the following:

Yaris YRX 5 Door Manual (with Safety Pack) - $21,800 Drive Away with 12 Months Licence (includes Headlight Protectors, Scuff Guard, and F & R Carpet Mats), & $800 for Titanium Tint, Paint Glaze, Fabric/Carpet Protection & Dash Mat. Total - $22,600.

Incidentally, the 2006 built Yaris YRX will come standard with Rear Roof Spoiler, as well as Front, Rear & Side Skirts.

Edited by Derick