Future plans for your rukus

cductn

Oh niceone. who sponsored you for yours? and did you use your stock headunit or they upgraded that too?

Me and a mate, 1 afternoon and $1200 I got a clarion double din (no gps which doesnt bother me), door speakers, tweeters, monoblock amp and sub/box with wiring kit. The deck itself wasn't that difficult to wire up nor was the monoblock/ sub. If you can visit a dedicated audio place to see if they have adapters that will fit the back of your new intended deck and the stock toyota wiring (saves a lot more time), otherwise you can go down the route me and my mate did by getting a wiring diagram off a scion xb from the states and twist tieing everything to make sure it works then twist, solder and heatshrink, I personally haven't done much soldering in the past but to be honest it's not that hard just tedious and definately helps to have some spare hands. Also the deck itself in the rukus is super easy to remove, you just gently pry at the plastic surround that has the air vents on them, it'll pop off and you'll see 4 bolts holding it in place.

In regards to the monoblock and sub, I prefer to not have the amp in the boot so I ran it under the drivers seat, the passanger side has some weird metal bracket underneath it that I don't know what it's for so I just left it as is, best to take out the drivers seat (be careful not to scratch interior parts like I did :(), best thing of all is when you remove in the drivers side footwell the door trim plasting and plastic next to the pedals there's pre-existing wiring clips for other electronics in the rear so it's super easy to run :)

for refernce,

below is just a description of the wire colors if you're interested:

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207465

and this is how to remove the dash piece to access the head unit:

http://trdsparks.com/install/PTS20-52080inst.pdf

Goodluck and post picks :)

Oh niceone. who sponsored you for yours? and did you use your stock headunit or they upgraded that too?

Got sponcered by directed.... They are the guys in charge of importing a lot of audio equipment....

I'm using a alpine INA-W900E head unit...

Hey everyone, just purchased a toyota rukus and due to me being in a wheelchair I will be getting it converted to allow wheelchair access into the rear of the vehicle, now to the more important stuff! I wish to upgrade the engine to get at least 150Kw, I don't want to turbo unless completely necessary even though that will put it up to almost 200Kw so I'm looking more for a tune with upgrades such as headers, cold air, cat back and maybe cam if I put an aggressive tune on it, I'm not a mechanic so any advice or feed back would be appreciated! if anyone has done any engine mods please tell me what you've done and talk about the difference it has made