Future plans for your rukus

cductn

Hey guys...

With some of us starting to come out of the warranty period I was just wanting to know what are your future plans to modify if any... Myself I'm looking at completely sound deadening the cabin and possibly retrim the interior... After that I will concentrate on the engine bay and maybe some forced induction....

So yeah what's your plans...

• Like 1

Hmm... although I'm only a recent addition to the forum, but, likewise, on the sound deadener. I imagine with the Ruckus it will make a bigger difference than it did to the C30! Dynamat all the way! 'spensive stuff....

Wheels and suspension later, never did mention to the wife the extra cost! :ph34r:

Yeah if I do decide to go turbo I will probably source my own parts and build my own kit all the kits I have seen are well over priced for what you get...

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen a full turbo kit online for about $4500, you can start there Chris lol.

Don't forget the more shiny the manifold the sh!tter it is <_<

• 3 weeks later...

with me i still have 1 more Year until my Warranty runs out, but that isn't a big deal as long as nothing happens just after that. my Plans for my Rukus Halo.?? under body Lights all around sometime this year, stereo upgrade Wishing to have fitted 8' Alpine Double din touch screen with the works sub woofers best Speakers you can get, i believe what ever makes you happy Just do it. don't let anyone tell you that you can't. Since owning my Rukus i have spent a lot of Money in doing all the mod cons like the Exhaust & that is only going to be the Start of it. the list is endless i didn't realize you could do so much with a Rukus as long as you have the money then all i can say is Go for it =]

Edited by Sonia

• 2 weeks later...

So I ordered a set of headers today....

should be here in a week or so.... hanging to get them on...

any ideas on other under the bay mods / cosmetic changes?

trying to source some silicone radiator hoses...

might also make a new custom CAI and hide the ballasts for the HIDs as well as a semi wire tuck... thoughts?

I've seen a full turbo kit online for about $4500, you can start there Chris lol.

Don't forget the more shiny the manifold the sh!tter it is <_<

yeah looked at the turbo kits...

gonna just put that money into another daily and then work the rukus more

Well thought i would return think i was meant to say a few more words if i may ;) You see when Pacific Toyota here in Cairns were doing all the paper work for me to Bring my Baby home in a week i was all quite new to this. i didn't have no plans, no thoughts of Modifying or anything like that. i was Just so excited about owning a Halo i never dreamed it would be Possible. but now that i look back i see it was meant to be, everything that happens, happens for a reason. before my Halo i used to own a 2000 Holden Commodore VT Executive V8 5.7 Litre which was 10 Years old but had been well looked after & serviced Regularly, to cut a long story short the Mechanic i used to go to was wishing to Buy my " Tiger " oh yeah it was my Tiger as the Paint was called Tiger Mica it was Gold Orange & i had Driven it home from the Show Room back in 2000. my Tiger was Apart of me & the Power i felt like nothing before. anyway i decided finally to Give in to my Mechanic & sell my Tiger for $10,000 & the funny thing was he was wishing to Change the Motor from a V8 to a V6 not sure if he ever went through with it but i haven't seen it Since. when i was sitting at Toyota the Sales lady who sold me the Car had said to me & i so remember this like it was Yesterday even though it was over 2 Years ago. she said are you going to get anything done to it, think she meant Sticker or Decal as i was having Tiger above my Windscreen on my V8. so before i had driven my Halo home she had organised a friend of her's who owns a Business here in Cairns to phone me & ask what would i like to get. to be honest with you all i was having no Clue what so ever i was still in a Dream as all i wanted was to look inside a Rukus as i fell head over heels in Love so to Speak when i first laid eye's on a Rukus under neath our Local Shopping Centre. that's when it all Started. Today i have done more than i ever Expected & i not think it is going to Stop, there is still so much more that i can do to my Beloved Halo. what i am Wishing to get if is Possible is a Visor as the Scion XB is having a Visor as i had Spotted on the Scion XB website. think My Rukus would look Pretty Cool with a Visor only if it is Painted Purple to match my Mirror's & Spoiler, what else.?? well the list is Endless.. here is a Video think you may have seen Before.. like the Man Say's " if you buy one of these Stock & Just Drive it, i think you sought of miss the Point He got that right ;)

On the list, Borla exhaust, get rid of the flames and get my scratch repaired, eyelids and usdm taillights :) short list right

hey David, sounds like you have a plan & i too will feel so much happy for you when you get the Scratch repaired, i was having a scratch maybe 50cm's long but nothing like yours, if you wish to remove the flames it's up to you, but flames to me are so out dated & you definitely need to go with your own Style, maybe you could design something & make it become a Reality. the guy that used to own a Halo here in Cairns owns a sign writing Business & i wouldn't dream of going anywhere else. he knows exactly what i need to get done to my Halo, also i am finally getting all the window frames carbon fibre as he was saying he had his Halo done & i think the Carbon fibre looks so Professional & makes your Rukus really Stand out from the Crowd :spiteful: i will post some more Pics before i leave Cairns as i not know after that when the next time i will be able to log in, is why i am making the most of my time here now. don't worry i will be back i promise.!! Good Luck in all your Modifying & hope everything works out for you with your Awesome Rukus. Just remember we are not like the Other's well that's how i see it :g: hmmmm

On the list, Borla exhaust, get rid of the flames and get my scratch repaired, eyelids and usdm taillights :) short list right

Did you work something out with Terry for the tails?

Did you work something out with Terry for the tails?

Yeah, he just needs a little more time to get some extra $$$ togethor and to get some tails from a local dealership for day to day use, can't wait.

• 2 months later...

Planning to put 16x9 nemoto mesh wheels on my Rukus Halo using the stock 205/55 tires. Im trying to achieve the hella flush look stretched tires. Hopefully they will look well without dropping the suspension.

Nemoto Mesh 16x9

http://static.shop033.com/resources/F2/13042/Other/1680straighton.jpg

Planning to put 16x9 nemoto mesh wheels on my Rukus Halo using the stock 205/55 tires. Im trying to achieve the hella flush look stretched tires. Hopefully they will look well without dropping the suspension.

Nemoto Mesh 16x9

hey Jonathon, i am sure what ever you decide to do it will look amazing, just wondering is that the rims you are going to use for your Halo.? i am also thinking of changing my wheel size as i now feel 16' are just not big enough even though the bigger you go the more expensive it will be but hoping to stay under 20's :spiteful: also will need to get new rims, sadly when i had ordered my 16' Speedy rims i wasn't even knowing the wheel inserts that you could paint or not paint were only made out of Plastic in which if i was knowing at the time i had ordered them i would not have as they had cost me $900 bucks but were new on the market also has been a little bit of a nightmare when it comes to getting wheel alignments & balance as every wheel insert in which there are 6 inserts per rim needed to be taken off was not good, as Toyota had damaged one of my wheel inserts & not even had the decency to notify me coz nobody wanted to take the blame, that was a long story i won't go into now, but i will be looking for bigger rims when i finally move as i will need to get brand new tyres as i am still having the original tyres still on my Halo. What ever you decide hope it will be to your liking Good Luck.!!!!!

Edited by Sonia
  • Like 1

Nemoto Mesh 16x9

Sadly, 16x9 0 offset will poke out too much. Now considering 16x8 15 offset using stock tires. Just wondering if i will have any issues of rubbing tyres.

Nemoto Mesh 16x9

hey Jonathon, i am sure what ever you decide to do it will look amazing, just wondering is that the rims you are going to use for your Halo.? i am also thinking of changing my wheel size as i now feel 16' are just not big enough even though the bigger you go the more expensive it will be but hoping to stay under 20's :spiteful: also will need to get new rims, sadly when i had ordered my 16' Speedy rims i wasn't even knowing the wheel inserts that you could paint or not paint were only made out of Plastic in which if i was knowing at the time i had ordered them i would not have as they had cost me $900 bucks but were new on the market also has been a little bit of a nightmare when it comes to getting wheel alignments & balance as every wheel insert in which there are 6 inserts per rim needed to be taken off was not good, as Toyota had damaged one of my wheel inserts & not even had the decency to notify me coz nobody wanted to take the blame, that was a long story i won't go into now, but i will be looking for bigger rims when i finally move as i will need to get brand new tyres as i am still having the original tyres still on my Halo. What ever you decide hope it will be to your liking Good Luck.!!!!!

Yes. I wanted the small wide wheels look. Ive been told that 16x9 0 offset will poke out too much. Now researching on th 16x8 15 offset for issues.

• 3 weeks later...

hooked up my second comressor to my rukus yesterday... just wanted to make suer everything was ok before i rip it out after summer so i can sell up..... still have a few little things to do before i sell it.... so anyone else got a few mods they want to acheive before summer?

next week I'm getting my first 1000k service done. then i have lowering springs going in and Alpine type S splits going in the front doors. then hopefully in the next few weeks / or early Jan i'll be purchasing those rims.

• 2 weeks later...

hooked up my second comressor to my rukus yesterday... just wanted to make suer everything was ok before i rip it out after summer so i can sell up..... still have a few little things to do before i sell it.... so anyone else got a few mods they want to acheive before summer?

Hey Make sure you hit me up, when you sell up :P

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone here done a sound system in there build 2 or build 3 rukus? i want to put my subs and mono block amp in but i've been told its alot of work and cost alot of $$$ ?

and i'm looking at keeping the stock headunit thats fine for what i need it for.

cheers.

Edited by mr-rukus