Aurion wood dash kits

wiz043

I have a 2008 Aurion ATX and have been looking to buy a timber look dash kit for it to cover the drab alloy look plastic on the dash and possibly doors to make it look more like the top model.

Haven't had much luck yet. There are Yank Camry V6 ones on ebay and the interior looks the same as the Aussie Aurion dash etc. apart from the power window controls being on the other side (LHD) as well as the cup holders being on the other side of the auto shift.

Does anyone know whether these kits can be made to fit or whether I can source them from anywhere else?

Thanks in advance.

If you can't get the US ones to work for you there's always the possibility of vinyl-wrapping the pieces. That way you also get to choose exactly what sort of finish/design you want.

Yeah I'm looking for a wood grain replacement for my center console, gear shifter and steering wheel. I think eBay and wreckers are the way to go, but seems very costly as I'm not a fan of the vinyl wrap approach

Yeah----I am keeping my eye out for one for the Aurion on ebay. I recently bid on one from the UK for my MX5 and got it for $92 and it should arrive later this month.Their website are selling the same one for $140.

The problem with Aurions is that they are not sold overseas thus less demand for the dash kits. The American V6 Camry seems to be the same as the Aurion and the dash looks very similar and probably most of the kit would fit but I don't want to go down that track in case it doesn't.

These dash kits seem to vary from $100 to over $200 depending on how far you want to go with the pieces by decorating the doors as well.

They are mainly manufactured in Germany and are a polished polyurethane wood, aluminium or carbon fibre look type material with bevelled edges. Google and ebay reviews are quite good.

They have backing paper and you just remove it and stick them on without removing any panels.

Unfortunately I would make too much of a mess of it if I had to remove panels and vinyl wrap them as an alternative.

Edited by wiz043