Meet??? Melbourne

Melbourne peeps...

Is there a permanent meet (Melbourne) like the ones in Brissy??? (Sunnybank Maccas every Thursday???)

It seems like the Brisvegas boyz are more active than us Mexicans???

If not, then can we have a weekly meet???

(Maybe Burwood 24/7 K-mart Friday nites???)

Edited by In_D_Major

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon Melbourne boys put down the paper and the latte's and get out and have some sort of regular meet up.

We Brissy boys would like to see you guys down south have some sort of fun(with your car ;) ) too :D

im up for it.

the diff between us and the brissie boys.

WEATHER,WORK(lol),LIFE OUTSIDE THE CAR>lol :D

just j/k but the weather is a big diff here as i dare say 9 out of 10 times the weather is good up there, down here its like 40/60 good weather.

but if someone organises it ill be there

C'mon Melbourne boys put down the paper and the latte's and get out and have some sort of regular meet up.

But I quite enjoy my expresso's. :D

Look there's alot we can do. Two other clubs I've been a part of have regular Thursday Night Meetings at different Caffe's. So you can park the cars and then sit down have a bite to eat or a coffee.

East Burwood K-mart is a good idea because you can park all the cars in one spot but you can't really take a seat anywhere except for Johnny Boys Pizza (Awesome Pizza by the way) which has like 1 table.

My suggestion would be further down Burwood Hwy at Caffe Oggi (Next to Zagami's) Nice big car park, all the cars can line up next to each other and you can have a pizza or coffee if you want. Then you can cruise in either direction down burwood hwy.

Why dont you just drive up and down the higway late at night picking races like everyone else does

Because it's Stupid, Illegal and Dangerous to do so on public roads. :rolleyes:

If you want to be a traffic light hero, don't do so when I'm present unless you want a serving.

If you want to meet up and race, Calder Park has off-street drags almost every friday night. ;)

:o i was kidding about the racing.... i was just making an observation about what the rest of the car enthusiasts in melbourne seem to do on a friday night.

my thursday nights in brisbane included sitting at milton maccas looking at all the cars coming through whilst chatting with mates and having some dinner.

:) Sorry about the way that came across. 

Meet ups/cruises are all good, but it only takes someone to play up and attract the wrong kind of attention that spoils the fun for all.

Peace

its all good, i understand, i dont want the bad attention either and that is why i have put "behaviour guidelines" in the cruise that i have organised for this weekend

So...K-mart Burwood??? Firday Nites???

I think we should have a meeting point, then we can decide what the majority wants??? Have something to bite, go for a cruise, go for a movie drive thru??? Or just hang out and talk to fellow members and check each others cars and give advice to the newbies!!!

Us Melbourne...Corolla owners should have a WEEKLY MEETING!!! It's a must!!!

I believe alot of newbies are thinking about it as well. So peeps...I'm suggesting Bruwood K-mart!!! Parking is huge!!! Either Thursday Nite or Friday Nite!!!

burwood is like 1 hour drive for westsiders

>.<

for me too.... or 14 mins from work.... i dont think i like my work that much tho

but then again, its only gonna be me coming from down here, so i dont have much say in the matter

burwood is like 1 hour drive for westsiders

>.<

Well we can have an EAST and WEST meet.

For you guys there in the WEST, we can have a meeting point let's say Highpoint???

And for the EAST the Burwood K-mart!!!

And we can alternate...this week East meet then the next week West meet.

Then once a month we can have a central point somewhere in the middle. Also once a month we can organise either a cruise, niteclub, drive thru...etc.

I understand Melbourne is big (compare to Brissy) But the Brissy boyz (and galz) have a Northside and Southside...(Yeah I know coz I'm from brissy too...I miss Southbank and Mt. Cootah...not to mention Gold Coast) Anywayz...we can have it like then...to make it fair on both sides!!!

Either way, I really really really want us Melbourne Corolla owners to have a WEEKLY MEETING...so peeps...let's make this a MUST!!!

I understand Melbourne is big (compare to Brissy) But the Brissy boyz (and galz) have a Northside and Southside...(Yeah I know coz I'm from brissy too...I miss Southbank and Mt. Cootah...not to mention Gold Coast) Anywayz...we can have it like then...to make it fair on both sides!!!

city cruising thursday night, harry's friday night, BWCP saturday night, the spit on sunday arvo's.... ur telling me :(

if someone organises

im in haha

unless im working i wont be able to make it

other than that should be no prob

east and west meets as in have separate meets?

or all go to east one week

next week its in west

then have an occasional central meet

is that what your saying?

Exactly...we all go to each meet. All the east go to west...and vice versa.

and once a week we can have a central meet. On the east I want it to be at K-mart 24/7 in Burwood...Fri or Thurs nite...either one. On the West...well you ppl there decide where. Highpoint...or Sunshine shopping centre.

hmm icic

well you gotta keep in mind sunshine is next to the cop station

Yeah...I know :rolleyes:

It's also near VicRoads...so we can all get a Yellow Sticker too :lol::lol::lol:

But we can't get into trouble for just having a meet...yeah???

Unless we start to do burnouts??? <--- in reverse!!! :P :lol::lol::lol:

I'm always at Burwood K-mart man...so if ppl want to meet then I'm there!!!

EGENES cafe

Cafe Crema...is a nice joint!

But problems with parking dude!!!

We need a big space for a meet...then we talk...about going to E-Gene's Cafe.

Weekly Meet come ppl...man...Brissy boys are kickin' our A$$!

Man...us Melbournians...are hopeless when it comes to meets...we're all talk...but no action!!!

Ppl here are net freaks man...doesn't anybody here go out at all??? Too busy chatting here on the Forum man. Members here in Melb...put down all sort of mods for their car, but no pics!!! Why don't we all meet up and show and tell???

Let your car do the talking...not your ego!

So if you're true...then let's all have a meet. No ''BS'' about busy...tired...blah...blah...blah...etc!

Just come along and meet up man.

Bring it on...

Have you actually turned up to the past meets/cruises or Dyno Day? We've done plenty of show and tells.

Moving on, we require:

-Someplace Central (To segment Members East/West defeats the purpose of having frequent meets)

-Someplace that has a large car-park with good lighting (No point meeting in the dark)

-And not Coburg Macca's please.

I can only think of Docklands at the end of Bourke St - There are two car parks, but I don't know how much these fill up on a Thursday night.