Leather seat cleaner for Sportivo

CheekySportivo

Hi Guys,

I have noticed a few darker edges on my drivers leather seat and was wondering what the best method and product to use inorder to have this cleaned off and removed.

As an end result I would like to have these light black markings removed leaving the seat with it's original colour and softness.

Do Toyota make a purpose leather cleaner for their leather seats whether it be in a Sportivo or other model ??

Silvabullit - I know you are the man to answer this one! LOL :P

Edited by Cheeky Age

Hi Age,

Seems Silver hasn't been in to reply yet so i'll pass on some of my own advice (which silver agrees with) and also some advice he's given me himself.

For the big routine cleans, user a quality leather cleaner/conditioner like Meguairs Gold Class leather cleaner and apply as directed. (From memory this product is $15-$20).

For the quick in between cleans, try white vinegar diluted at about 1:10. spray on and wipe excess off to get the leather nice and clean.

The vinegar acts as a cleaning agent without removing any of the oils from the leather. (white vinegar can be had for about $1.50 for 2 litres).

See how that goes!

• 2 weeks later...

I just starting using 2in1 Mothers Reflections® Advanced Leather Care!!! Its a tad expensive at $29.95 but is a massive spray bottle!!..being a spray bottle its easy to apply...this is a no brainer....

I've used the meguirs leather wipes and the bottle...they are good too great products! but i find with the bottle the stuff gets stuck in the holes!!! and the wipes are a waste if you don't use properly....

The mothers range can be found at your local Autobarn...

you can find the product at http://www.mothers.com/products/

its under the Reflections Range :)

Hi Age,

Seems Silver hasn't been in to reply yet so i'll pass on some of my own advice (which silver agrees with) and also some advice he's given me himself.

For the big routine cleans, user a quality leather cleaner/conditioner like Meguairs Gold Class leather cleaner and apply as directed. (From memory this product is $15-$20).

For the quick in between cleans, try white vinegar diluted at about 1:10. spray on and wipe excess off to get the leather nice and clean.

The vinegar acts as a cleaning agent without removing any of the oils from the leather. (white vinegar can be had for about $1.50 for 2 litres).

See how that goes!

My words exactly!! Mother's leather cleaner/conditioner is also a good one to use and is easy to apply. :D

Are the leather wipes decent enough too?

Any recommendations on which brand if they are good to buy?

Im more or less wanting to clean the leather seats to remove any dirt and grime as well as make them soft like a baby's bum :P

• 2 months later...

*revives an old topic*

What kind of finish do these products leave? I dont want it to get too shiny. I love my leather being dull.

And does the vinegar leave much of a smell?

For the moment Im just giving everything a once over with a damp chamois

Satin finish on leather is the only finish you should be seeing. Vinegar doesn't leave an odour if any at all. mix it to the right ratio and it's not very strong but enough to remove all greases, dirt and sweat off the leather leaving it nice and clean without harming it.

• 2 weeks later...