1982 celica coupe value

bab054

Hi.I have just obtained through a deal a 1982 5 speed celica RA60 2 litre with all original log books.It is extremely original and drives perfect .What sort of price is it worth on the market.Thanks

Not much - RA60s aren't that desirable, and the coupes even less so (although they can have that "ugly-but-cool" aspect). An absolute minter might go for a couple of grand to an enthusiast, a rust-bucket you might not be able to give away.

• 2 weeks later...

I think what Hiro is trying to say is... Priceless! lol.. :)

No, no he most definitely was not.

--

You havent changed a bit Trent.. lol

News for you mate.. remember those JASMA headers for the GT4 that were stainless? They worked quite well.. and did not crack as you kept telling me they would. haha.

I took them out in the end as the heat generated was too much. But there was a noticeable increase in power.

I think what Hiro is trying to say is... Priceless! lol.. :)

No, no he most definitely was not.
--

You havent changed a bit Trent.. lol

News for you mate.. remember those JASMA headers for the GT4 that were stainless? They worked quite well.. and did not crack as you kept telling me they would. haha.

I took them out in the end as the heat generated was too much. But there was a noticeable increase in power.

Only going by previous experiences, I would not waste my time or money on fitting them. Clearly they weren't worth the "noticable increase in power" seeing that you removed them.

Only going by previous experiences, I would not waste my time or money on fitting them. Clearly they weren't worth the "noticable increase in power" seeing that you removed them.

Seriously? Maybe I understated the increase... I went back to the stock manifold.. which is ok for immediate wind up.. but those large headers gave the motor much more legs... 350 V8 eating legs with the Turbo rebuilt..

If I could control the heat effectively.. they would be on immediately.. mark my words..

But at the moment Im not obsessed with losing my licence.. but they will go back on at some stage.

Seriously?
Yes, I do not like stainless, I believe I have made that clear. You can use whatever you like, it's up to you. You asked for advice, I gave you advice based on my experiences.

Each to their own, I think we should let the thread get back to what the opening post had intended.

Yes we did get a little off topic. lol

TBH.. this is one of my least favorite Celica shapes.. I dont mind them with the flared guards to give them shape.. or some twincam variant with some go to make it more appealing..

However it is in very good condition.. I personally would probably lock it up for another 10yrs and see what time brings. :)

edit... and I dont think it matters we got off topic..haha. people who drop in to value their car rarely return.. you've probly seen it more times than me. lol

Edited by JDM-GTFour