Why does the steering shake a little?

sccccchhhhhwwwwweeeeetttttttt....the re-machining of the front discs did erase the shaking steering issue. further to that, got the sticky gear problem solved through re-adjusting the clutch. haha....and the toyota dudes helped to fit my stivo sports pedals in. all in all, its been a good day yesterday :D

Good to hear that mate, that's what forums are for. Although in my instance i took my Stivo back to Toyota 3 or more times when i had the sticky gear change and even gave them instructions how to fix it icl letters from Toyota Motor Co., they still couldn't do jack. So i thought stuff them i will just go aftermarket. The steering wheel shudder was fixed a couple of months ago under warranty though, front brakes were machined.

sccccchhhhhwwwwweeeeetttttttt....the re-machining of the front discs did erase the shaking steering issue. further to that, got the sticky gear problem solved through re-adjusting the clutch. haha....and the toyota dudes helped to fit my stivo sports pedals in. all in all, its been a good day yesterday :D

Good to hear that mate, that's what forums are for. Although in my instance i took my Stivo back to Toyota 3 or more times when i had the sticky gear change and even gave them instructions how to fix it icl letters from Toyota Motor Co., they still couldn't do jack. So i thought stuff them i will just go aftermarket. The steering wheel shudder was fixed a couple of months ago under warranty though, front brakes were machined.

the one i went to was Lane Toyota in Mulgrave. the person in charge is quite friendly. i actually made an appointment to re-machine the front discs only but when i added in the sticky gear fault, he actually said the time allocated for the problem might not be enough and i would need to re-book in for the different fault. finally, he sed he will try his best. haha. i was meant to get my car at noon time but i got it back in the evening after he fixed up everything. that's why i was pleasantly happy with their attitude, so i will be heading back there for my normal servicing.

what did aftermarket stuff did you buy? a new clutch? :)

I've had the same problem of steering wheel shake for quite some time, only happens at exactly 110KPH. I saw this post & followed the same advise about getting my front disk machined. After getting the car back I feel they are actually a little worse. Has anyone got any other suggestions, & yes I have also had my wheels re-balanced, although I didn't change my brake pads, maybe this is the cause, I don't know.

I've had the same problem of steering wheel shake for quite some time, only happens at exactly 110KPH. I saw this post & followed the same advise about getting my front disk machined. After getting the car back I feel they are actually a little worse. Has anyone got any other suggestions, & yes I have also had my wheels re-balanced, although I didn't change my brake pads, maybe this is the cause, I don't know.

hi there,

erm, not sure which Toyota Service centre you went to but where are you residing in. You might want to try Lane Toyota (at the corner of Wellington and Springvale Road) if you are staying somewhere or working somewhere in the vicinity. they did great work on my front discs and the clutch adjustment. gosh, everytime i brake now.....smooth feel to it. loving my car to bits now man. :lol:

Lane Toyota have always had the friendliest and best service IMO. Their service department sure know their stuff. I highly recommend them.

yea man....agreed B)