Why does the steering shake a little?

Hiya all,

I am wondering...when I am going at, say 100km/h to 120km/h (hehe...nottie me doing this on a 100km/h freeway) and then I tried braking a little fast and hard, I noticed my steering wheel shakes quite a bit. I have just sent my car to Beaurepaires for wheel balancing and alignment but I still feel this shaking a little. Pardon my indifference but is this normal or is there something crap that has happened to me car? oh noooooo.......any comments? :unsure:

Cheers!

Kelvin

I think u need to remachined your front discs mate.

Big Russ.

Thank Big Russ! Appreciate the info.

Should I take this back to Toyota to do the re-machining or shall I just take it to any mechanic or Beaurepaires?

I am just wondering whether it will cost a lot to do so?

Cheers!

Kelvin :rolleyes:

I think u need to remachined your front discs mate.

Big Russ.

Thank Big Russ! Appreciate the info.

Should I take this back to Toyota to do the re-machining or shall I just take it to any mechanic or Beaurepaires?

I am just wondering whether it will cost a lot to do so?

Cheers!

Kelvin :rolleyes:

Yeap this is another common issue with sportivo's, it happened to mine.

Got them done via warranty through Toyota.

Since then, no problems.

Hmm... I think all your portivos are faulty and u must immediatly give them to me. I will willing sacrifice my 1ZZE to you ensure that the road are safe.

But i'm taking the chromes with me!.

:D

Seriously, go get it aligned and balanced and check ur CV joint too

Hmm... I think all your portivos are faulty and u must immediatly give them to me. I will willing sacrifice my 1ZZE to you ensure that the road are safe.

But i'm taking the chromes with me!.

:D

Seriously, go get it aligned and balanced and check ur CV joint too

haha...good one negatron. i wish someone would give me his Nissan 350Z for my Stivo. hehe. sigh, my next service would not come until the next 9000kms.

hey, if i bring my car into Toyota Service now, will they charge me a bomb to re-machine the front discs? :unsure:

Hey guys... this is currently happening with my car too.. mainly when i do about 120km/hr....car has 40000km's on it........ do bald tyres effect it by any chance....lol

thanks

hmm....my bridgeystone tyres are still in good condition yet the shaking till happens. sigh....feeling the crappy shake...like as if i was driving my previous civic then. :(

Hey guys... this is currently happening with my car too.. mainly when i do about 120km/hr....car has 40000km's on it........ do bald tyres effect it by any chance....lol

thanks

hmm....my bridgeystone tyres are still in good condition yet the shaking till happens. sigh....feeling the crappy shake...like as if i was driving my previous civic then. :(

Dude, its a new car warrenty no? Go in and tell them that a new car thats done {insert low kms here} should not be getting these problems. You shouldn't be paying for this crap.

Do you have standard wheels or aftermarket? Are there hubs rings fitted it they are aftermarket. Are the wheels balanced properly? Bad tyre wear can cause it. Or the bolt up surface of the hub needs cleaning/stripping of any scale/rust so the wheel bolts up to a clean flat surface.If that doesn't work then get them balanced on the car.

every car has this problem :lol:

if you dont... go up to 200km/hr and try braking... and if you still dont O.O can i have the no. of your brake mechanic?

Edited by Mello

NEGATRON: my car is not brand new though (YoM middle 2004). i bought it from a Toyota dealership and yes, the car is still under its 3 year warranty period (with a little more than 1.5 yrs to go). the speedometer reads 38,000km done on it.

SILVABULLIT: erm, checked and confirmed that nothing on my car is aftermarket. all standard, straight out from the factory (not sure whether is makes any difference but the car has a RACV Tested sticker stuck on it).

BIGBUM: err...the tyres shld be 1 year old and i've checked the insides of the tyre and they still have their patterns on it (looks to be in good condition though). these tyres shld be the ones that come with the car straight from the factory (Bridgestone Turanza).

Edited by ktse1881

bad tyre wear deffinately causes this problem no matter how many times u balance the wheels. i know because i have the exact problem. hope it isn't your tyres though since they are still new?  :(

sometimes new tyres do come with faults.

but rarely. so it might just be osmething else to look aout for.

awesome! finally booked in next Wed to bring my babeh to get the front disc re-machine. hopefully and prayerfully this will solve whatever headaches there is. :unsure:

oh yea guys, any of you have got your flywheel, clutch or anything fixed up so that your gear shifting is as smooth as a baby's bootay?

i know this is addressed in another section of the forum but juz a tee wee bit curious here. :blink:

awesome! finally booked in next Wed to bring my babeh to get the front disc re-machine. hopefully and prayerfully this will solve whatever headaches there is. :unsure:

oh yea guys, any of you have got your flywheel, clutch or anything fixed up so that your gear shifting is as smooth as a baby's bootay?

i know this is addressed in another section of the forum but juz a tee wee bit curious here. :blink:

if u get your front discs re-machined. be prepared for a relapse sooner or later

sccccchhhhhwwwwweeeeetttttttt....the re-machining of the front discs did erase the shaking steering issue. further to that, got the sticky gear problem solved through re-adjusting the clutch. haha....and the toyota dudes helped to fit my stivo sports pedals in. all in all, its been a good day yesterday :D