2010 hilux tyres scrubbing arches

spozzer1

got 17 " wheels on my hilux with bf goodriches tyres on it ,the problem i have when turn full lock the tyres scrub arches,any way of raising it ? does the adjusters on lower arm do it?not much clearence on it from new

It's probable your wheel/tyre setup is illegal, and without an approved lift kit, there's no legal easy solution. In WA we cannot increase outer trye overhang by more than 25mm total., changing offset is very difficult. Reason: you risk overloading the suspension/steering and having serious problems. Super wide/over-diameter tyres are risky. They introduce certain problems. Your tyre seller obviously thought more of your money than what's safe or legal. NB There is a quick fix, but it may not be legal, so I won't give it to you. Just remember that if your car is deemed unroadworthy and stickered, it can get very messy and $$$$ to sort. In WA ALL mods not on the pre approved list MUST be submitted for prior approval in principle, then ALL mods affecting vehicle safety/performance MUST be inspected once done. I'm certain other states are at least similar, or worse. Advice, keep it stock as possible-it attracts less attention. Obvious extreme mods attract more attention than others, which cost at least time to discuss with every new officer you meet, and too often, $$$ to resolve.

Edited by Manxman