Two options seem OK from here in Brissy

Docklands Serviced Apartments

26-28 Rakaia Way

Melbourne 3000 VIC

or

Nova StarGate

118 Franklin Street

Melbourne 3000 VIC

Which is the best in terms of easy getting around ie walking or tram to do the usual things Vic Markets , Lygon Street, City etc.

Or if you know something better or cheaper (these are 2 bedroom self contained units/ suites about $169-189 per night)

Also what else to do down there looking to hire a car and do the penguins etc. Looking to stay the East side as we did the West (Great Ocean Rd 2 years ago).

Need to book quick so if you can help that would be great.

Stargate is probably your best bet cos it's just beside Vicmart and it's right in the city. Docklands is a little further out from the city and not as convenient.

Or you can check out the hotel that my cafe is located at which is Arrow on Swanston. Also really near to the city and I believe that they have 2 bedroom service apartments around that price range as well.

Stargate is probably your best bet cos it's just beside Vicmart and it's right in the city. Docklands is a little further out from the city and not as convenient.

also its close to eugenes shop.. breakfast is on eugene lol ;)

also its close to eugenes shop.. breakfast is on eugene lol ;)

Dude, the name is spelt E-Gene, just like my nick says. :P But yes, Stargate is closer to my cafe. But we'll be closed from the 23rd to 9th Jan.

Egene?

sorry i thought it was just ur nick and eugene was ur real name .. guess ur the 1st i've heard of Egene :lol:

Egene?

sorry i thought it was just ur nick and eugene was ur real name .. guess ur the 1st i've heard of Egene :lol:

Yup, E-Gene is my name. Parents wanted to be unique I guess.

Anyway back on topic, Arrow on Swanston service apartments cost $155 for a 2 bedroom suite. I just checked with the hotel reception. And this is for the month of Dec as well.

Thanks e-gene Arrow only has rooms for 3 people but as I have 2 little people I need a double and 2 singles so Arrow is out.

Will come in for a coffee though and say Hi . Pity I don't have the Sportivo with me for a CAI install.

docklands is nice place if you want to "crash time" the apartments are nice... even nicholas cage lived there for 3 months...

but its a fare walk, Nova is better i reckon.. as for parking you might have problems in the city... be carefull of the east side... traffic afternoons starts at 5pm - 8pm varries sometimes....

port phillip bay ? (tourism)

visit... www.thatsmelbourne.com.au

www.visitvictoria.com

might give you some idea of whats in melbourne

ohh... remember bring a jacket... freaky stuff down here.

i just got back from portsea "where the prime minister went missing" that place is really nice... (expected forecast today was 32 in city... down there it was like 26ish *beautifull weather*)

nice waves if your into surfing or body boarding...

Edited by Mello

-A day trip to Sorrento (Just Before Portsea) is always good, you can also you can go on the Tug Boat ride from Rye Pier which takes you out to see the Port Phillip Bay Seals, or the Sorrento/Queenscliff ferrie.

-If you have little ones a trip to and on Puffing Billy (Belgrave/Dandenongs) is entertaining for all.

-We have three Zoo's. Melbourne Zoo just outside the CBD, Healesville Sanctuary, which is Australian Native Animals and Open Range Zoo at Werribbee, see the African Animals out in the open.

-And way too many restaurants/cafe's everywhere...