- - Alarm Bells - -

Yullin

Good day :)

I have a Corolla 160i GLE 2005 model. Yesterday the alarm and central locking would not work and I tried both keys. The problem is that as I lock the car manually with the key, the alarm arms itself and as I manually unlock the door, the alarm goes off. Then I have no way of stopping the alarm once it goes off as it does not respond to the remote in the key.

Has anyone ever experienced this and how can one switch the alarm off if it is faulty. The car starts though.

I will have to wait until Tuesday to take it to Toyota :lol:

Thanks

I am from South Africa :)

The alarm comes with central locking, though with the keys not switching the alarm on or off, neither will work. It is strange how the alarm comes on if I lock the doors Manually with the keys and then when I open the door with the key, it makes a huge (alarm) noise, and I can not switch it off.

Any ideas. The 160i Gle has the 3ZZ-FE engine.

The alarm comes with central locking, though with the keys not switching the alarm on or off, neither will work. It is strange how the alarm comes on if I lock the doors Manually with the keys and then when I open the door with the key, it makes a huge (alarm) noise, and I can not switch it off.

3ZZ-FE isnt sold in australia right?

mainly in asia those engines

So was i from S.A! you got to get your backside over the for the price you paid for the 160 you can get a 180 and even a RSI!

Where in S.A are you from?

3ZZ-FE isnt sold in australia right?

mainly in asia those engines

:lol:

u get strange combos in asia. even 1nz rollas. and auto. some even AWD. and then the locals go and turbo it for like 2 grand, add a poo load of stickers, big rims, stock ride height, more stickers, did i mention more stickers?

Merry Christmas :D

I am from Johannesburg. Yes the Toyotas are expensive here, inspite of being produced in SA.

I believe that the 3ZZ-FE (1600) engine is the same as the 1ZZ-FE (1800), exept for the difference in displacement.

Are there no Corolla 160i's in Australia

corolla_gallery_luc_exterior_styling_small.jpg

So - does anyone have suggestions regarding my alarm debacle, since your cars are essentially the same as mine :)