Larger car - Treated differently on the road

perthcamry

Observations from a moving vehicle I drove friends 323 the other day as she was getting sleepy, I noticed that other drivers went right up the back side of it and acted a lot pushier than when I drive the Camry around. :rolleyes:

I had the same experience when I drove my mums Corolla and my previous car a Golf. I can drive 10k under the speed limit and no one seems to attack where as drive at the speed limit in other cars and they are up your butt

Anyone else notice that they are treated different in certain cars? :unsure:

Observations from a moving vehicle I drove friends 323 the other day as she was getting sleepy, I noticed that other drivers went right up the back side of it and acted a lot pushier than when I drive the Camry around. :rolleyes:

I had the same experience when I drove my mums Corolla and my previous car a Golf. I can drive 10k under the speed limit and no one seems to attack where as drive at the speed limit in other cars and they are up your butt

Anyone else notice that they are treated different in certain cars? :unsure:

I notice this, too as I regularly swap between a Corolla hatch and Camry although I think it comes down to perception.

Unlike the Camry, the Corolla is missing the boot section so when a car is behind you, you think it is actually tailgating you when it is isn't.

Additionally, the angle of the rear window would probably have an effect on the rear view mirror.

I remember when we owned our Starlet, I would get grief from someone at least once on any given day, usually tailgating or simply cutting off because people figure that they're better protected in their bigger cars.

Since owning the wagon, I get this direct problem much less often, much bigger problem these days with people not giving way at various times. I admit I don't drive the wagon quite as hard as I did the Starlet, so maybe I'm just sitting that bit further back, or look easier to mess with, I don't know.