Few Burning Questions I have...

Hey everyone, please excuse my newness! =) im in the market for a corolla in the next month or so and ive been reading up on this helpful forum and I had a few questions that I realli wish i knew the answers to:

1) On the TRD site and TRDsales.com the CAI is stated as for the 2ZZ-GE i was wondering if it was compatible with the 1ZZ. Additionally i was wondering wat kind of performance improvement it may have? Anyone willin to give me a crash course on the principles behind CAI and what not.

2) Any good resellers of TRD parts in Perth?

3) TRD suspensions, (struts and what not), sort of effect it will have, and price range (im realli uneducated on this topic, just something someones recommended)?

I know a guy good for some mods in Perth. There maybe others but I am having mine seen to at RPW in Osbourne Park.

The guy does Mitsubishis but made up a CAI for my car and a performance chip.

Anyway there are probably wiser ones as I am new to Perth.

Hey everyone, please excuse my newness! =) im in the market for a corolla in the next month or so and ive been reading up on this helpful forum and I had a few questions that I realli wish i knew the answers to:

1) On the TRD site and TRDsales.com the CAI is stated as for the 2ZZ-GE i was wondering if it was compatible with the 1ZZ. Additionally i was wondering wat kind of performance improvement it may have? Anyone willin to give me a crash course on the principles behind CAI and what not.

2) Any good resellers of TRD parts in Perth?

3) TRD suspensions, (struts and what not), sort of effect it will have, and price range (im realli uneducated on this topic, just something someones recommended)?

ANSWERS

1.Yes it will fit the 1ZZ. Gains of about 3-4kw.

2.No idea. Check members list to see who's from Perth and ask if they know.

3.TRD suspension bits will make a huge difference but it's quite pricey. They are plenty of other alternatives that are cheaper. Try whiteline for sway bars,camber bolts and strut braces. King springs for coils, Koni for struts.

If you need to know more then PM myself or one of the other long term members of this site. :D

ANS:

1: I have the TRD cai and i can feel the improvement! And the sound is great! fits perfectly id you know what your doing!

Hey Corzza mate when do i get a ride in ur car?:)

wanna help me fit a TRD CAI and a whiteline strut brace? Ill get you some biltongs or boewors haha

Yay another Perthian :lol:

Yup the TRD intake fits very well on the 1zz corollas, a normal workshop would take a little while to install it possibly as it's not one of the most straight of installs and generally if its a workshops first time fitting it they will take the front bar off and mess around with it till it fits right.

In Perth there are a few places you can get the TRD CAI from, none will have any in stock however, most will play on their eastern contacts and get one shipped in for an average price.

Heres a list of the places that could probably get one in:

Technik car audio in Willeton

Cypher industries

X Speed

There could be other places that could get one for you but I can't say i've had a need to go to any other workshops apart from these. Cypher would probably make you up a custom CAI i'd expect.

Thanks guys! Your information is realli helpful! Yeah im in the market for a corolla in february/march. Any tips on points to look for? Im currently drivin an old family car which is a crappy Lada(waits for the laughter!) hehe so this is my virgin car purchase! =) im pretty excited. Does anyone know whether the conquests and upward models are really hard to find in Perth? My friend in midland toyota says they are quite rare but ive yet to research any other dealers / private sales.

Also Im sure its been covered in past topics but are their any major interior/exterior differences?

Another burning question is im guessing another performance improvement aspect would be transmission related if im correct. Is it worth gettin a TRD flywheel, or any other suggestion? =)

Thanks alot guys!

Thanks guys! Your information is realli helpful! Yeah im in the market for a corolla in february/march. Any tips on points to look for? Im currently drivin an old family car which is a crappy Lada(waits for the laughter!) hehe so this is my virgin car purchase! =) im pretty excited. Does anyone know whether the conquests and upward models are really hard to find in Perth? My friend in midland toyota says they are quite rare but ive yet to research any other dealers / private sales.

Also Im sure its been covered in past topics but are their any major interior/exterior differences?

Another burning question is im guessing another performance improvement aspect would be transmission related if im correct. Is it worth gettin a TRD flywheel, or any other suggestion? =)

Thanks alot guys!

my suggestion is get a 2nd hand sportivo ... dont waste ur time with the 1ZZ range if ur gonna mod ..

I got a 1ZZ and wish i had the sportivo

:huh: X Speed are the cheapest i've found, then again.. never taken my corolla there just my wrx.

Tis a modified corolla bonnet similar to the style of the c-one bonnet.

In my humble opinion if you are just starting off driving and modifying you can't go past a 1zz, sure if you have spare cash lying around and a fair amount of driving experiance then go for the sportivo. I made loads and loads of mistakes in my little ascent, and lived to tell the tale.

conquests are a little more on the 'luxury' side, for the cash I would probably just get an ascent if you are going to modify.

The normal corolla's will never be a fast performance car as much as I wish they could be, however you can certainly make it much more fun to drive. TRD CAI, catback exhaust, extractors, ecu management, short shifter, trd flywheel, pressure plates, plus many other things are around to help you modify it. It certainly feels much better to drive when you start tinkering with it. Then you have the suspension debate where you will at one stage will want to do all the mods you can to the suspension :lol: With good suspension you will be able to outrun or keep up with the horsepower hero's around corners and roundabouts easily.

:huh: X Speed are the cheapest i've found, then again.. never taken my corolla there just my wrx.

Tis a modified corolla bonnet similar to the style of the c-one bonnet.

In my humble opinion if you are just starting off driving and modifying you can't go past a 1zz, sure if you have spare cash lying around and a fair amount of driving experiance then go for the sportivo. I made loads and loads of mistakes in my little ascent, and lived to tell the tale.

conquests are a little more on the 'luxury' side, for the cash I would probably just get an ascent if you are going to modify.

The normal corolla's will never be a fast performance car as much as I wish they could be, however you can certainly make it much more fun to drive. TRD CAI, catback exhaust, extractors, ecu management, short shifter, trd flywheel, pressure plates, plus many other things are around to help you modify it. It certainly feels much better to drive when you start tinkering with it. Then you have the suspension debate where you will at one stage will want to do all the mods you can to the suspension :lol: With good suspension you will be able to outrun or keep up with the horsepower hero's around corners and roundabouts easily.

i agree .. straight line is boring and needs no skill just a fat pocket and a heavy foot

hahah the straight line one is because we cant keep up with forced inductions :D

yeah its cheap at x-speed is still expensive even for wrxes......my bro takes his car to speedworks, friendlier people there

ANS:

1: I have the TRD cai and i can feel the improvement! And the sound is great! fits perfectly id you know what your doing!

may fit perfectly but it certainly doesnt ATTACH to the car at all :(

just sits with all of the weight on the rubber elbow alone....... its not going to be long pete before something splits...be careful mate