RME1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

where do u relocate the horn?

I moved the horn just below it's original spot, but i had to disconnect it, so really, it doesn't work :( but it has two horns (i think one for treble and other for bass? ...i dunno )

BUT breaking news - SUPERCHEAP AUTO do KING SPRINGS Low or Super low for $139 a pair!!!!

OH, I found some RJR White Circuit mags!!! Muhahahaha!!! for $142 each - and bargaining hasn't even started yet!!! :lol: It's the last set in Australia!!! :rolleyes:

where do u relocate the horn?

BUT breaking news - SUPERCHEAP AUTO do KING SPRINGS Low or Super low for $139 a pair!!!!

yer so thats $280 for front and rear.. then you have to fit them..

which imguessing will set you back at least 80-100..

Suspension city did mine for $350 fitted...

will only work out cheaper if you fit them yourself

HEY! I bought some RIMS!! Those RJR ones, expect they weren't available in bronze, so i had to opt for WHITE . RJR Circuit White 16"RIMS - maybe i'll powder coat :) ....they would look awesome on ur ride MOTOMAN! :lol: Got them for $608 What u think? It's the last set in AUSTRALIA!! haha, you gotta love boxhill

Edited by RME1

HEY! I bought some RIMS!! Those RJR ones, expect they weren't available in bronze, so i had to opt for WHITE . RJR Circuit White 16"RIMS - maybe i'll powder coat :) ....they would look awesome on ur ride MOTOMAN! :lol: Got them for $608 What u think? It's the last set in AUSTRALIA!! haha, you gotta love boxhill

you will have to bring them around to my house so i can see what they look like on my car :)

you will have to bring them around to my house so i can see what they look like on my car :)

:P well, right now, i'm sleeping on them...quite literally - they are under my bed pretty much gathering dust...i wanna see if i can score some sportivo rims - then powder coat them - and hopefully before that get dailed in with some suspension...but only one obsticle remains...INSURANCE- QBE arn't flexible at all with me and the mods, so i gotta find another insurance firm. I'm currently paying 1788 for full comp - me being 20 "young, dumb and full of..." u know the rest

What do other ppls pay?

muahahaha, late breaking news...PROJECT EL CHEAPO is getting an Exhaust! $100 + 30 postage...thanks to MAP81!

Edited by RME1

:D i gotta exhaust! Thanks to MAP81, the sportivo exhaust addition deep throats my previous exhaust notes! :lol: Exciting times, strongly recommended to put a sportivo exhaust 1zz ppls! although the sound byte is from a spotivo v6...it soundss very very similar to this :lol: i'm getting backfiring action too!!!

Suspension to go!

my rjr rims are getting painted black graphite...so watch this place... ;)

sportivomuffler.mov

Edited by RME1

• 2 weeks later...

Alas, the rims are gone - $559 is enough to budget for Lovells suspension and my 30,000km service..i think

350 for the sport lows and maybe 200 for 30k service? What do you think? How much did you fellas pay for your 30000km service - mine is getting done at Cannon Toyota in Heidelberg :)

I enquired about foggys/driving lights - and it's $1000!! :angry: Ermm... :ph34r: aparently the wiring system and stork for the lights have to be changed?!!?!

350 for the sport lows and maybe 200 for 30k service? What do you think? How much did you fellas pay for your 30000km service - mine is getting done at Cannon Toyota in Heidelberg :)

Cannon in Heidelberg **** me... they damaged my car more than once.. and they are quite expensive for servicing

my 20K was $270 so i doubt your 30K will be $200

Im taking my car to my own mechanic from now on... at least i know he actually does the work and doesnt charge and arm and a leg :ph34r:

but Cannon is so close :( ....

i never realised that lunch time would be peak time for Toyota ppls :P all being productive, as usual? B)

I enquired about foggys/driving lights - and it's $1000!! :angry: Ermm... :ph34r: aparently the wiring system and stork for the lights have to be changed?!!?!

Look up ozeparts.com for fog lights.

I purchased and had mine installed for $450.00, check my garage and budda's too, they look no different to the Genuine ones.

Look up ozeparts.com for fog lights.

I purchased and had mine installed for $450.00, check my garage and budda's too, they look no different to the Genuine ones.

Where did you put the switch? i'd really like to get foggies! :)

IZZE-FE, i noticed that you didn't have a spoiler? ...Would you like one? I know a guy who can supply 2005 model spoilers - enquiring and in the process of purchasing one... comes in primer - with stop light and instructions THEN i can hunt down C-One Wingtips for young and old! :rolleyes:

_ unfortunately, it ain't a genuine toyota item - unlike my 2nd hand exhaust (ORSM!!) PPl interested? LOL, maybe i sense GROUP BUY Time!!

Another question - while all you rolla ppls are all excited...i've been noticing that the engine bay gets fairly hot when i check out the fuel levels and stuff - i mean i know it's meant to be hot cause of the driving...but this is HOt HOT - like :o wow that's hot! Any comments?

Edited by RME1

I'm a bit of a Anti body kit/spoiler person, if it doesn't actually have any aerodynamic purpose, it's just extra weight :D.

If you look at buddha's garage/gallery you'll see a pic of how we have the fog light switch mounted, we've put it in place of coin holder next to the electric mirror control.

I'm a bit of a Anti body kit/spoiler person, if it doesn't actually have any aerodynamic purpose, it's just extra weight :D.

If you look at buddha's garage/gallery you'll see a pic of how we have the fog light switch mounted, we've put it in place of coin holder next to the electric mirror control.

Thanks for the reply, anywayz, just in case u change ur mind, i bought two of the spoilers :P @ $180 each - maybe i *can* DIY .... <_< if all goes well i'll sell the other one to fellow rolla bros and girls

Has anyone thought about colour coding the mud flaps?

just out of curiousity, IZZ-FE, how much insurance do u pay for ur conquest? -cuase it has a cai and all those gizmos, are u slugged much premium wise?

Cause i just got insurance today with just cars (i'm 20 B) ) $1400 stock, then i mentioned the sportivo muffler, and it jumped to $1555! :huh:

I'm 28, never any driving offenses and never any claims, so it really doesn't compare.

I've just renewed my policy

AAMI, $550 Full comprehensive and no limitations on mods provided they're legal (So everything I've done is listed on my policy), but because the car is modified, if an under 25 year old driver has an accident in it, I'm not covered.

Insurance is expensive for young drivers. When I first got my licence I went through OAMPS insurance brokers and they did a good rate for me.

:P Standard excess

Remember your insurance also will vary according to your postcode and whether it's garaged or not, so obviously I live in what's considered a low risk suburb when it comes to vehicle theft.

melbourne insurance prices are som dam cheap!! :(

:( not if ur under 25 ... $_$

was in boxhill today, coming back from the long drive back from work, trying to avoid springvale and middleborough road, when a levin pulled up aside me on station street - the lights were red. It turned green and we both simultaneously glided off the line :D WE HAD THE SAME SPORTIVO EXHAUST - and we changed gear at EXACTLY the same time :rolleyes: hehehe, we ended up drowning out the rex behind us, if only temporarily :D

Voltage stabilsers...what's the general consesus? Does it work? Is it effective @ $120 (from On the Run Motor Sports in Boxhill) Since insurance has been changed over, i'm going to get Lovells coilovers next saturday ;) gonna try tomoz morning, 8am at bulleen mr muffler to scab a deal - cbf drivn' to glenny . it's too far

i got 2 more modifications until my premium gets bumped up... CAI and Suspension!

does CAI greatly affect fuel consumption - cause with the Sportivo exhaust (no ECU reset) i have atm, i'm averaging arounds 480-500 till the fuel light goes on ?

Cheers fellas,

Jules - RME1

Just got back from Mr Muffler in Bulleen - $420 for Kings sport low fitted (They couldn't get Lovells)? :ph34r: is that a bit expensive?

considering i got quoted $350, for Lovells, thanks to Kelvin :D from a Mr Muffler in Glen Waverly?

B) Watch this space:

On the Agenda:

- Voltage Stabliser (Rice or does it do stuff?)

- CAI (yes...the 'search' button i know i know- but feel free to comment about economy as well, casue i haven't seen many comments about it?)

- Lovells Sport Low (35-40mm ... What are the measurements for sport low - stock standard 35mm or do u have a couple of more mm to play around with?)

-Rear Spoiler & Painted Mud guards

kings sport lows.. 35mm drop...

Mr muffler in bulleen are good :) they have changed my muffler over several times for next to nothing..

someone is coming to look at my car tommorrow.. (possible sale)

so last chance for someone to buy my car with all the mods for $22500.. otherwise ill sell the car.. then sell the mods seperately..

RME1 interested in an Injen CAI?

kings sport lows.. 35mm drop...

Mr muffler in bulleen are good :) they have changed my muffler over several times for next to nothing..

someone is coming to look at my car tommorrow.. (possible sale)

so last chance for someone to buy my car with all the mods for $22500.. otherwise ill sell the car.. then sell the mods seperately..

RME1 interested in an Injen CAI?

Hell YES! Motoman, if i can grab anything from ur sportivo, i'll take it >.< But Project El'cheapo has racked up aroudns $330 bucks worth of mods - what u looking for in price for the INjen Cai - is it hard to DIY install? But yeah, i saw that clip of u cutting sick in front of cop shop, and that noise! :blink: If i can sort of get that, i'd be more than happy :P Does it affect fuel economy much :ph34r:

I had a mix of BP Ultimate (1/2tank) and other half was Shell normal stuff, and i got 510 odd ks - that's with the addition of the sportivo muffler (accessory for levin) - lookin' at 'STIVO Catback :lol:

EDIT: Went to Dyno Day today...interesting to say the least, Carlos's car is very well presented! and at 79odd KW ATW too :) -with only Remus and no air box i think - i reckon i definately want to experiment with the CAI option!

Also noticed a very well presented Celica with spray painted wheels black DIY!!! So after EL CHEAPO is lowered, i'll be embarking on another DIY adventure + The spoilers are coming in on Tuesday!! (got a spare so if u want one... :) )

Edited by RME1

G'day fellas,

well the Lovells suspension is in, the tinting is done (spur of the moment, same day serivce) and PROJECT EL CHEAPO is winding down - check out the before and after shots in my garage - i was gonna buy Mich's (unfamilir) sportivo rims, but i paid just car insurance...and teh money disappeared + i gota service coming up...and i was told during suspension install i have a LIP APPEARING ON MY FRONT RIGHT ROTOR!! $_$ dude

i got the brake pads changed when i was there, and it squels a little ...is that cause of the lip, or cuase of the new pad? ...hmm :unsure:

overall VERY GOOD SERVICE...the courtesy car was a joke...blue smoke emitting 15yr old ford transit :lol: , but it sure as hell made me appreciate the lowered prowess (hehe scrabble points!) of my rolla

was dropped 40mm or 1.5 inches

Courtesy of Jay and the Mr Muffler Glen Waverly team @ $350 fitted B) cheers to Kelvin for that price

rear spoiler, painted mud guards to GO (definately)

CAI - http://ontherunmotorsports.com/catalog/pro...products_id=199 (maybe)

suggestions pls - lol, these are for next month $_$ ;)

check out my garage!

Edited by RME1

79odd KW ATW too :) -with only Remus and no air box i think

Airbox is definetely there :D, only the snorkle is removed. From what we've seen on Danz, MAP81's,Northy's and Pippy's 1zz's they seem to respond well with CAI's so with one installed you should push over 80kw ATW.

Another CAI to look at is the Simota like that fitted to MAP81's, It's 2 1/2" instead of 3" but cheaper than the regular Injen/TRD/AEM. Seems to be well constructed and available nearby from:

Australian Auto

Accessories

17 Moncrief Road,

Nunawading. 3131.

Phone: (03) 9845 0800

Fax: (03) 9877 5263

www.simota.com.au

Cheers.

79odd KW ATW too :) -with only Remus and no air box i think

Airbox is definetely there :D, only the snorkle is removed. From what we've seen on Danz, MAP81's,Northy's and Pippy's 1zz's they seem to respond well with CAI's so with one installed you should push over 80kw ATW.

Another CAI to look at is the Simota like that fitted to MAP81's, It's 2 1/2" instead of 3" but cheaper than the regular Injen/TRD/AEM. Seems to be well constructed and available nearby from:

Australian Auto

Accessories

17 Moncrief Road,

Nunawading. 3131.

Phone: (03) 9845 0800

Fax: (03) 9877 5263

www.simota.com.au

Cheers.

Cheers Carlo ;) , hope to see u next cruise and i'll definately check those bad boys out