NOOBs Guide to MOD

RME1

Heyz that's some torque you got going there?...where's dat coming from?

Sorry i'm not good when it comes to knowing wat mod does exactly what...lolz

That's like pushing nearly double the torque on me Stock 05 STivo!

...just read brochure of toyota corola (non stivo)...@93kw ATE and 161nm torque ATE...

...stivo is 141kw ATE and 180NM torque ATE...

compared to mine @ 75kw ATW? and 285nm torque ATW? ... :o WTF is going on???

Edited by RME1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heyz that's some torque you got going there?...where's dat coming from?

Sorry i'm not good when it comes to knowing wat mod does exactly what...lolz

That's like pushing nearly double the torque on me Stock 05 STivo!

...just read brochure of toyota corola (non stivo)...@93kw ATE and 161nm torque ATE...

...stivo is 141kw ATE and 180NM torque ATE...

compared to mine @ 75kw ATW? and 285nm torque ATW? ... :o WTF is going on???

Lolz okz...so ur telling me you don't know where its comin from either?... :)

...i have a ridiculously large pod filter? :huh: it got serviced at K mart instead of toyota? :lol: She's made in SA and somebody took their time making it? :rolleyes: I have Mello's catback? :lol:

...so yes...i don't know where it's comin' from...my razo gear knob? ...hrmm...i don't have any stickers on the car yet... <_<

...i have a ridiculously large pod filter? :huh: it got serviced at K mart instead of toyota? :lol: She's made in SA and somebody took their time making it? :rolleyes: I have Mello's catback? :lol:

...so yes...i don't know where it's comin' from...my razo gear knob? ...hrmm...i don't have any stickers on the car yet... <_<

Lolz :D

Team TOCA... how do you get increased torque then? Can n e 1 help?

Wat RME1 is gettin would be sweet on all rollas, great for overtaking annoying right lane sunday cruisers! :angry:

Stivos would be able to kick it wit da SP23s on all fronts tooz....

Most likely an inaccurate reading. It's happened a few times before. Some members have even had 300nm+ of torque in their dyno outputs :lol:

Have you had your car dynoed elsewhere Jules? There's a lot of inconsistency due to all the factors that are involved. Best to dyno your car at one place on the same machine with the same settings. Then for sure you'll know whether you've made improvements or not.

Most likely an inaccurate reading. It's happened a few times before. Some members have even had 300nm+ of torque in their dyno outputs :lol:

Have you had your car dynoed elsewhere Jules? There's a lot of inconsistency due to all the factors that are involved. Best to dyno your car at one place on the same machine with the same settings. Then for sure you'll know whether you've made improvements or not.

Nar that was my 'virgin' run :huh: - it's a bit baffling, but at least i've got some 'data' for next time's dyno - hehehe toca melbourne dyno day :D - but if u come to exe drag day, then u can see the supposed '285nm torque monster' in action :lol: You should of came to kamakasi - a starlet turbo ran 165kw !! :o Wolf E management :blink:

Nar that was my 'virgin' run :huh: - it's a bit baffling, but at least i've got some 'data' for next time's dyno - hehehe toca melbourne dyno day :D - but if u come to exe drag day, then u can see the supposed '285nm torque monster' in action :lol: You should of came to kamakasi - a starlet turbo ran 165kw !! :o Wolf E management :blink:

I will come for sure and you know it baby ;) Just to watch this time though.

hey jules, rolling road or hub dyno??? makes a big difference in torque readings... besides dyno's are really only accurate for tuning a car as bigbum said

I will come for sure and you know it baby ;) Just to watch this time though.

:lol: no pressure - just purchased a bride bucket seat off BangN - i need some rails made up or need to purchase some - can anyone help me please!! Would universal rails fit the bride bucket seat (one piece) ? ...i rang up autobarn and they sell them for $160 ... wtf? just for rails?

i need to put them in by friday :rolleyes: hehehe initial d style , all i'm missing is the carbon fibre bonnet :ph34r: *cough* $_$

Are these strange dyno results? ...has the ECU learnt that i don't "Need" that many KW? ...i drive quite El chepo styles so maybe that could explain the dyno results - shift point is normally 2.5 - 3000rpm

Did you have 3 runs ?

If the first two figures were lower and it became incrementally higher, then yes it's a matter of your car needing a good run to blow out the cobwebs. Still it wont really be much of a difference, as the ecu would have learnt on runs 1 and 2 (Same goes for a ecu reset).

Edited by IZZ-FE

Are these strange dyno results? ...has the ECU learnt that i don't "Need" that many KW? ...i drive quite El chepo styles so maybe that could explain the dyno results - shift point is normally 2.5 - 3000rpm

Did you have 3 runs ?

If the first two figures were lower and it became incrementally higher, then yes it's a matter of your car needing a good run to blow out the cobwebs. Still it wont really be much of a difference, as the ecu would have learnt on runs 1 and 2 (Same goes for a ecu reset).

<_< maybe she's a lemon :( oh well, she looks the part, has the right gear, and i guess we'll just have to wait and see if she has the goods :lol:

<_< maybe she's a lemon :( oh well, she looks the part, has the right gear, and i guess we'll just have to wait and see if she has the goods :lol:

Not a lemon, still a respectable figure and Dyno figures don't tell you how the car drives on the road. But you should have another try one day after the car has been serviced :D