Who's using Phillips Blue Vision bulbs

beenet

thinking of getting a pair and from those pics that i see on the net, it looks like the package comes with a pair of blue-colored parkers in addition to the h7 bulbs.

are those blue parkers legal?

to those who're currently using the blue visions, what do u think of it?

I use Blue vision for my Headlights, parkers, Foglights and licence plate.

They're much whiter than standard bulbs but despite the colour of the bulbs they're actually not blue at all. They seem to illuminate a little further than the standards and the parkers look good when on (again they illuminate white and totally legal).

Edited by IZZ-FE

I had blue visions in my car at one stage my stock parkers were alot brighter than the blue coloured ones and as for the driving lights/high beams themselves as i got it as a kit i thought it was rubbish for the price that i paid :angry: Almost $130 (maybe i got ripped off) But i thought hey they are PHILLIPS they're GERMAN they make great house hold bulbs they must be good........So i took them back to where i purchased them from and invested in a HID kit 8000K.....Personally i would'nt ever go back to standard bulbs the HIDs just make driving at night so easy to see everything!!!!! :D Especially long distance i drive alot to woolongong from sydney and its easy to see if anything is on the road in front of you such as possible road kill!!!LOL :lol: :D

They're much whiter than standard bulbs but despite the colour of the bulbs they're actually not blue at all. They seem to illuminate a little further than the standards and the parkers look good when on (again they illuminate white and totally legal).

so.. u're having the blue parker bulbs in it? mmm... okie...

how much did u pay for it?

Did you have Blue Vision or Diamond Vision? Diamond Vision is more blue and actually has less light output although it looks 'brighter' Blue Visions appear to be less brighter than the diamond vision but have a greater light output, also they only cost $65 a pair (inc W5W parkers)

so.. u're having the blue parker bulbs in it? mmm... okie...

how much did u pay for it?

I'll update pics in my garage soon so you can see what they look like.

$65 dollars for the H7's including the parkers.

Did you have Blue Vision or Diamond Vision? Diamond Vision is more blue and actually has less light output although it looks 'brighter' Blue Visions appear to be less brighter than the diamond vision but have a greater light output, also they only cost $65 a pair (inc W5W parkers)

actually i havent got any but intend to get a pair. i was just abitt concerned on the legality of the blue parkers but now i guess i need not. yes, i would like to see the blue vision on ur car! pls update

actually i havent got any but intend to get a pair. i was just abitt concerned on the legality of the blue parkers but now i guess i need not. yes, i would like to see the blue vision on ur car! pls update

ive had blue vision bulbs in one of my cars before,

dont worry neither of them will worry you for illegality.

Both the parkers and the bulbs emit a rather yellow color.

But they are in fact brighter than normal, but the color isnt fantastic if thats what you are after.

if you want nice colored parkers,

go for the LED parkers you can get on ebay. They are fantastic...darn bright and color is true.

well, i used to have the Philips CrystalVision installed on my Civic last time. however, i've been recommended this product:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde..._gallery&id=883

and it turns out to be the same result as the CrystalVision but at a fraction of the price. don't quote me on this but i think the Philips CrystalVision is about $100+ for the H7s right? well, the one that i am using is about $60 and it works just fantastically fine. this product is made by OSRAM.

to know how the colour looks like, just have quick browse through my garage. ;)

I used the Blue Vision before. It is totally legal, don't have to worry about the "illegal" issue.

btw, Blue Vision is not "Blue" at all when you light it on. It is a little bit "whitter" than the stock yellow blub you've got. I think you've got a very good visibility of that light, the light output is good on the road.

And I turned to the Diamond Vision after a few months, and then I start worrying about the "Blue". Coz you can see a obvious Blue light on the road. And I lost visibility as well ... Not as bright as the Blue Vision and the stock blub.

This prove the higher the K, the less on light output.

The higher K only means the blue they are (from yellow ==> white ==> blue ==> purple)

Anyway, I just changed to HID on last week. I think I will never go back to halogen bulb again. Save more money in long term, coz I don't have to worry about the short life spin of halogen Blub and paying another $60 - 100 for a pair of bulb

• 4 weeks later...

If you just want the parkers alone, you can purchase those seperately for $11 for the Philips one's.

The parkers are sure tough to fit.. i've been trying for 20mins but no luck.. how did you manage to remove the original parkers? The space in there was just too limiting, I could feel the 2 release clips that we're supposed to press but just wasnt enough space for my hand pull back. Did u have to remove some other components to make more space?