Tinting Tail Lights

Hey guy's, I am wanting to tint my tail lights to a really dark gloss black (exactly as they are in the picture below) I've had a look at VHT Night-Shade and Plasti-Dip Smoked tint. But would like to see what peoples opinions are on this.

Has anyone had any experience with tinted lights. In your opinion what would be the better product to use to achieve the look i am after?

post-38649-0-73770100-1437319331_thumb.j

I assume I could continue to apply layers until i get the desired shade of black or does it have a point where it will no longer get any darker?

I assume I could continue to apply layers until i get the desired shade of black or does it have a point where it will no longer get any darker?

usually 3-4 layers is good enough, it gets pretty dark. With normal carwashing and daily duties, itll last a good year.

also do note that this is an illegal mod.

Yeah I might check the tinting films out as well. I have asked around and for what I am wanting to do, the response has all be the same. It's a bit of a grey area but as i'm not tinting the light itself, just the surrounding parts, it should be fine.

Yeah I might check the tinting films out as well. I have asked around and for what I am wanting to do, the response has all be the same. It's a bit of a grey area but as i'm not tinting the light itself, just the surrounding parts, it should be fine.

film is a good idea too, ive done both VHT and film, personally prefer the look and finish of the VHT, also the film was annoying to do as lights have curves, so i hope you have enough patience.

dsc6329.jpg

tints

51ee.jpg

VHT

Illegal, why? He won't be tinting the actual lights, only the surrounding part. It's much same as if you paint insides of your headlights black (not the reflector parts of course).

illegal because it "hinders the vision of road users"

also we in straya, everything is illegal here.

42148481.jpg

Straya! Sucks about the defect man. If that is the case, ill see how much attention it attracts, and if I have to ill remove it.

If the film is anything like Wrapping a car in vinyl ill be fine.