Sportivo no more ...

Romp

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the Ford XR5 is very tempting, and the rap it got on "TOP GEAR" uk show is excellent. Chassis by Mazda, Engine by Volvo, the rest by Ford.

And it also handles like a corolla could only ever dream about. How was it on Top Gear when the bloody thing had so much grip and chasis rigidity that it was lifting wheels as he through it around. Have to wait to see the price though! Replacing the family car SP23 with it has crossed my mind a couple of times!

Approximately $37k + onroad as quoted in Motor Magazine and Melbourne City Ford when I asked them. Confirmed pricing at 9Feb Melbourne Motor Show when its officially launched.

I have a friend who is a Fleet Manager for Ford & he told me that there have been reliablity issue with the Focus in general & he also said that they aren't selling very well. Maybe this might change with the introduction of the XR5. Ford are hoping for alot from this vehicle as the last performance Focus was a flop even though Motor Journo's raved about it.

Top Gear is a great show but very biased. Remember that the Focus is the biggest selling small car in the U.K.

If you alrrady have an SP23 than maybe you should consider the new Turbo AWD version. This would be a great car if Mazda end up bring it to Australia.

yeah it was a flop now they all advertising the new German engineered

Hey Corzza,

I think the new model is actually imported out of South Africa just like the Sportivo.

the new model ford? cos i know SA gets the small fords in performance cars. i havent seen any here. like we got the ford fiesta ST which never came here.

Link: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=4991

But the Ford XR5 is very tempting, and the rap it got on "TOP GEAR" uk show is excellent. Chassis by Mazda, Engine by Volvo, the rest by Ford.

And it also handles like a corolla could only ever dream about. How was it on Top Gear when the bloody thing had so much grip and chasis rigidity that it was lifting wheels as he through it around. Have to wait to see the price though! Replacing the family car SP23 with it has crossed my mind a couple of times!

Approximately $37k + onroad as quoted in Motor Magazine and Melbourne City Ford when I asked them. Confirmed pricing at 9Feb Melbourne Motor Show when its officially launched.

I have a friend who is a Fleet Manager for Ford & he told me that there have been reliablity issue with the Focus in general & he also said that they aren't selling very well. Maybe this might change with the introduction of the XR5. Ford are hoping for alot from this vehicle as the last performance Focus was a flop even though Motor Journo's raved about it.

Top Gear is a great show but very biased. Remember that the Focus is the biggest selling small car in the U.K.

If you alrrady have an SP23 than maybe you should consider the new Turbo AWD version. This would be a great car if Mazda end up bring it to Australia.

not AWD, mazda decided to be soft and make the Mazda 3 MPS only a 2WD turbocharged 3. will still be a rocket though im sure. :D

no more sports models! Man im gonna change cars! this sucks!!

I don't think sportivo corolla is going to go off so soon. My dad is an employee for toyota and he hasn't heard anything of it. I know for a fact that, if a new sportivo was going to come out, he would've told me to wait a bit more and go for that, but im pretty sure that im happy with the current shape and performance of the sportivo corolla. :)

Edited by Buri_Sportivo

but after the current sportivo is there gonna be another?

This is what i think will happen. First of all corolla is one of the backbones of toyota and it's like bmw giving up the 3 series. Most likely a new corolla would be designed and put into production. Then depending on sales, they will bring up another sportivo of the corolla, if sales go well. Why do you think sportivo is there for corolla. Corolla helped toyota make a lot of sales. :) Let's hope the new corolla will persuade a lot of buyers so that the manufacturer starts to think of a new generation sportivo corolla. By the way, corolla sportivo is still in sale and it will be there till a new corolla hits the production line.

This is what i think will happen. First of all corolla is one of the backbones of toyota and it's like bmw giving up the 3 series. Most likely a new corolla would be designed and put into production. Then depending on sales, they will bring up another sportivo of the corolla, if sales go well. Why do you think sportivo is there for corolla. Corolla helped toyota make a lot of sales. :) Let's hope the new corolla will persuade a lot of buyers so that the manufacturer starts to think of a new generation sportivo corolla. By the way, corolla sportivo is still in sale and it will be there till a new corolla hits the production line.

Of course there will be a new Corolla, but there's no guarantee there'll be another Sportivo ... we'll have to wait and see, although there's some word that the new S-Con mob will do a hot Corolla, after they've finished with Aurion and Camry.

And Toyota have stopped importing the current Corolla Sportivo into Australia, what's here is all that's left. Unless people are prepared to privately import a T-Sport, or better yet, one of the Compressors! :P

Edited by Buddha

By the way, corolla sportivo is still in sale and it will be there till a new corolla hits the production line.

bzzzzzt wrong..

the sportivo has already been removed from the toyota website.. and i think the last shipment has already landed

Edited by MotoMan