Runx RSI vs GolfV GTI

Greek

otherwise wahts the point!

Thats why ppl buy sprts cars!

very true. This 2 months is killn me. Such a long wait for my sportivo. What do u think of the new sti? i thought it was gay when i first saw it in pictures, but it's a real stunner at real life. Love it and even though i love evo's i prefer new sti over the new evo ix anyday!!!! 500cc more and 400nm to play with :) Im planning to buy in a few years time :)

I like the alfa looks!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

otherwise wahts the point!

Thats why ppl buy sprts cars!

very true. This 2 months is killn me. Such a long wait for my sportivo. What do u think of the new sti? i thought it was gay when i first saw it in pictures, but it's a real stunner at real life. Love it and even though i love evo's i prefer new sti over the new evo ix anyday!!!! 500cc more and 400nm to play with :) Im planning to buy in a few years time :)

2months? try 8 yrs. i'm still stuck with my 1.6L. initially - no money. now that i have some dosh (working ft), parents suddenly (after 8 yrs) say that i'm not allowed to have a sports car so long as i live in their house. MEANING. to get a sports car, i would need to save for a deposit for a house and well. probably not get a sports car until i'm 30. and all i was looking at was a measely 200sx for 18k. if not for that comment, i would've been enjoying driving my new sports car.. 6 mths ago.

(/rant)

sorry.. needed to get that out of my system.

ANYWAY... as a slight O/T, would you get a GTI, an Ren Sport Clio, Astra VXR, Focus ST, or the Megane 225, a Citreon C4 VTS, a Mini Cooper S, or still stick with a stivo or celica?

Edited by evo

I've always wondered how stock VS stock a stivo would go downthe quarter agaist a Mini cooper S.

Does anyone know?

Looking at Redbook Stats

ZZE123R 5Y Sportivo Hatchback 5dr Man 6sp 1.8i

Power 141kW @ 7800rpm

Torque 180Nm @ 6800rpm-6800rpm

Acceleration 0-100Km/h 8.4 secs

R50 MY05 MINI Cooper S Hatchback 2dr Man 6sp 1.6S

Power 125kW @ 6000rpm

Torque 220Nm @ 4000rpm-4000rpm

Acceleration 0-100Km/h 7.2 secs

Cooper might take it! power to weight

What are you talkign about pete??

2005 ZZE123R 5Y Sportivo Hatchback 5dr Man 6sp 1.8i

Kerb Weight 1200kg

2005 R50 MY05 MINI Cooper S Hatchback 2dr Man 6sp 1.6S

Kerb Weight 1140kg

60KG difference.

Also on another note whilst doing this reseach i notice a difference in the 2003 sportivo to the 2005

2003 TOYOTA COROLLA

ZZE123R Sportivo Hatchback 5dr Man 6sp 1.8i

Kerb Weight 1224kg

2005 TOYOTA COROLLA

Kerb Weight 1200kg

24kg difference? I wonder how acccurate this is??

I've always wondered how stock VS stock a stivo would go downthe quarter agaist a Mini cooper S.

Does anyone know?

Looking at Redbook Stats

Acceleration 0-100Km/h 8.4 secs

R50 MY05 MINI Cooper S Hatchback 2dr Man 6sp 1.6S

Acceleration 0-100Km/h 7.2 secs

Cooper might take it! power to weight

What are you talkign about pete??

2005 ZZE123R 5Y Sportivo Hatchback 5dr Man 6sp 1.8i

Kerb Weight 1200kg

2005 R50 MY05 MINI Cooper S Hatchback 2dr Man 6sp 1.6S

Kerb Weight 1140kg

60KG difference.

Also on another note whilst doing this reseach i notice a difference in the 2003 sportivo to the 2005

2003 TOYOTA COROLLA

ZZE123R Sportivo Hatchback 5dr Man 6sp 1.8i

Kerb Weight 1224kg

2005 TOYOTA COROLLA

Kerb Weight 1200kg

24kg difference? I wonder how acccurate this is??

Hey Bill,

The problem with the stats is this .... the 8.4 sec time recorded there is the toyota claim .... All over Europe it has been proven to be false but for some reason here in AUS it has remained ... No idea why ... I just think the testers here cant drive .... For the record the times they are getting are mid to high 7's. There was even a time in the UK of 7.24.

As for the weight well one of the guys that was on the forum works for the air force so he popped his car 100% stock on the weighing bridge at his work and it actually came in at 1185kg's.

Now what we wanted to do was get another car and weigh it to see how that compared to the figures being reported .... C the thing is aswell is power to weight + 0-100 times claimed by manufactors are often used to determine a cars insurance when it comes off the boat so u can c why toyota might have added a bit of padding so its hot hatch was easier to insure ..... Now thats food for thought ......

Les - bring out your clio next meet ... run some "tests"

Ran a clio before i placed my current mods on the car and showed him the rear of the stivo .... wasnt 1 run either it was about 6.... So if they are supposed to be doing 7.2's then if im infront the whole way where does that put me ????? and this was before my current setup of power and grip boost up :D :D :D :D :D

GTI is racing heritage!!! <_<

and the point of the thread was which is quicker!

The GTI has a great heritage as a quick little hot hatch, but I don't think its done much racing of note.

GTI is racing heritage!!! <_<

and the point of the thread was which is quicker!

The GTI has a great heritage as a quick little hot hatch, but I don't think its done much racing of note.

ok ok should have said "racing"!

• 1 year later...

Hello everybody !! I'm from sunny South Africa and would like to give my 20cents worth on this topic. For the last two years i am the "not so proud" owner of a RunX Rsi (Sportivo in AU) and i must admit that i am truly disappointed in the car's performance. We must understand one thing and that is TURBO or NO TURBO, when youre standing at a robot next to a G5 Gti it is car against car. At that time i know very well that the Gti will be far ahead in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The X will only start getiing somewhere from 160km/h onwards...but by then how far ahead will the Gti be. My X has the ffg: Standard motor (141kw), Viper branches and a 63mm Powerflow free-flow exhaust system, cold air intake with a K&N performance air filter. Dropped suspension (70mm at the back and 60mm at the front) riding on a set of 18" with Yokohama Adrenalin 215x35x18" rubber. The car looks really cool, if i may say....but she really lacks low down torque even with the fine mods. This is the downfall of the X. In build quality..the Gti is light years ahead. My wife just got a 2008 Polo, 1.4i. The car is SOLID with several perks that Toyota won't offer. Being a 1400cc fuel injected (her previous car was a RunX 140RT) i expected it to be the same as the 140RT...but NO WAY pal, this Polo will beat the sh#t outa the 140RT. It has amazing torque and i am truly impressed. Hey people, take it from the horses mouth...the Gti is a far better vehicle..build quality and performance...than our RunX Rsi. I gotta wai till the end of 2008....but i certainly will go for the GTi.

I've tried posting a pic (not such a good one) of my car. If it does'nt work and anyone wants to see what my X looks like just email me : saleemk@wocm.com and i will gladly reply.

bye people

post-2048-1202481372_thumb.jpg