REMOVING REAR PLASTIC TAIL LIGHT LENS ASSEMBLY

Dovvie

3 hours ago, Dovvie said:

Sorry - I thought the model was part of my member profile.

Mine is a 2010 Yaris Hatchback

Thanks

It is; however not visible on the mobile version of the site.

21 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

It is; however not visible on the mobile version of the site.

That, and some of us have more than one car too (or have moved on from the cars still listed in our profiles)...

OK - understood

Can anyone give me some advice/response to resolve my problem - how to remove the right rear plastic lens assembly on my 2010 Yaris Hatchback?

It looks like I may have to remove the whole internal boot lining in order to access the fastenings of the lens assembly - or maybe I have to remove the whole rear bumper to access the rear panel clip that I need to replace - I have purchased the clip, and I'm stuck on how to access, and remove the damaged one, so that I can replace it.

I look forward to some replies

Thanks

First choice would be to try and remove the boot lining (is it hard plastic or carpet?), usually the taillight will have studs that locate it to the body and the nuts for these studs are behind the bootlining, it would be silly to have to remove the bumper just to get at a blown globe.

Thanks for your response, Hiro.

I, perhaps didn't make myself clear on what I need to achieve. I don't have a blown globe problem. I have a problem on the bodywork of my Yaris - a clip, holding the right side of the rear bumper on to the right rear body panel was damaged when my wife had a bump reversing one day. I have managed to purchase a replacement clip, but, in order get access to the broken clip to do the replacement, I have to be able to remove the whole R/H plastic rear light assembly, which I don't know how to do.

I think that, to access the screws/clips holding the rear light assembly, I will need to remove the hard plastic boot lining - this is quite a big job, and, I was therefore hoping that someone might know of an easier way to proceed.

So, unless someone in the Club comes up with another solution, I will have to proceed to remove the boot lining.