New old member

Hi guys and gals, I'm Kevin and I'm 62 in April. I have been on here before but due to a bad RTA and moving states I forgot my details. So after a few retries I gave up and joined again. I now live in the Sunshine coast, Queensland. Not so cold as down in NSW near Canberra.

I am a Toyota fan since buying my first previously loved 2.0L Hilux Ute in 2004 and I am on my fourth now.

I would love Toyota to get into the V8 Supercar series. TRD have had some success in the various forms of Motorsport around the world. Anyone agree?

Looking forward to being a part of the Toyota Owners Club again. Cheers Kev.

Welcome.

1 hour ago, Conrodfrustrated said:

I would love Toyota to get into the V8 Supercar series. TRD have had some success in the various forms of Motorsport around the world. Anyone agree?

I doubt this will happen in Australia anytime soon. TRD pulled out of Australia a few years ago now and Toyota aren't interested in V8 Supercars. There was talk of Lexus(Toyota owned) entering along with Hyundai when Phase 2 of CoF comes in next year; however, Lexus squashed that idea late last year.

Welcome Kev or rather Welcome back..Yes I too would Love to see Toyota appear in the V8 Series..as Trent said doubt that will happen soon unfortunately..My main Bitch as a life long race fan is now the what was free to air TV coverage is controlled by Foxtel..and only a rare live to air race is on commercial free to air channel..so unless you PAY through the nose for the channel on Foxtel..no V8's F1 etc ...grrrrrrrr..*****'s

KAA

Channel Ten committed the coverage and then, they couldn't afford it. Foxtel came in with a bailout deal.

Regardless, it is pumping $241 million($196M Cash / $45M Advertising) in revenue for the sport over 5 years, which is far more than they would get from advertising alone.

I am actually sick of seeing the complaining on every single post that is made about V8 Supercars on Facebook. For me, that is doing more damage to the sport than having to pay to watch it.