Hi! I just returned to Toyota

Hi! I'm Cory and I'm from Maroochydore. I've recently bought a 2013 Corolla Ascent Sport. I decided to join here as it's always near the top of Google searches when looking up information on my car.

I used to drive an AE101 Corolla and loved it a lot. There was instant regret when I upgraded to a Subaru Liberty in 2005, and ten-ish years later I'm back in a Corolla and enjoying it a lot!

I don't have any plans to modify the Corolla, though I do want to make it a little more Japanese-like. I have an Auris badge currently on the way from Tokyo, and I'm looking to get some more Japanese inspection/registration stickers and a JDM badge for the front grille. A set of Levin 17" rims would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks!

front.jpg

rear.jpg

3 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Most forums are fairly quiet these days.

Twincam.org is a slightly different story though due to the exodus of all the old members when it got sold years ago.  Attempts to revive the original with .org.au only lasted a few years though before it started dying again.

Hiya,

I'm obviously brand new to this forum so I hope that this forum is not quiet because in all honesty, I am pretty desperate at the moment to try to get an indication of what's been going on with my hybrid camry. I've spent over 6 hours on the net trying to get just an inkling of a clue but so far nothing. My gearshift won't go past the Reverse position and sometimes goes as far as Neutral. When it is engaged in R, I can actually drive it in reverse (no funny noises or bells and warning lights). other than that I am clueless. I even tried moving the lever at the gearbox end by hand and it still wont move past the first two positions. I am pretty sure that the brake light switch is not the issue, nor is it the cable itself. Any suggestions would be most appreciated  before I have to call in a Mechanic.

thanks a mil.