LED lights

u twist the plug and remember which way it went in. put the LED plug in. turn on the lights to make sure the polarity is right so it lights up, then u put it back in :P

one side is dead easy, the other side is a bit more fiddly coz there's a metal plate in the way.

u twist the plug and remember which way it went in. put the LED plug in. turn on the lights to make sure the polarity is right so it lights up, then u put it back in :P

one side is dead easy, the other side is a bit more fiddly coz there's a metal plate in the way.

the plug?? u meant the plug with the wires? or the PURE plastic...??? its DAMN hard... i tried... and it wont move... i hope is the right one...

i might post the pic of it later... and hope its right!!!!

They're mounted similar to the parker bulbs. The wire is attached to the plastic bulb-holder, simply twist the plastic with wire and all anti-clockwise and then it should come out.

When putting back in, it may be easier to work with the lights on because it will illuminate the space you're hands are working in.

YEah didnt i find out the hard way with the metal plate that is blocking the other bulb i was trying to take it out and slipped and put a nice big slice in my finger that went straight to the bone!!! <_< It was a very messy exercise blood went all in the inside of the hatch lid!!!LOL :blink: :P

YEah didnt i find out the hard way with the metal plate that is blocking the other bulb i was trying to take it out and slipped and put a nice big slice in my finger that went straight to the bone!!! <_< It was a very messy exercise blood went all in the inside of the hatch lid!!!LOL :blink: :P

ouch!!!!!!! :blink: :o for some reason i got tingles whilst reading that. I did that once putting a computer together. never get cheap computer cases.

anyway, what bulbs/LED's do you use to replace the stock ones?

.............. man u guys r scaring me!!!! so it includes some BLOOD during the process... :blink:

anyway i got this... Bl hybrid bulb.... i dunno wts the code... mayeb its.. M-4 or this P8713W

something like that!!!!

so i should twist the plastic which is stuck to the door... ANTI clock wise ay... hmmmmmmmmmmmm

its done!!! muwahahhahaha!!!

but the blue/light still looks like yellow... reflection from my yellow number plate....... sigh....

thx guys!!!

hey guys!! i need 1 more help for the light bulbs...

i changed the low and high beams already...

but u know.. theres this other bulb on the side... (beside the LOW BEAM, towards outside)

what size is it? can i change that???

i did a search... no one mentioned it... but someone did change it... and he bought it from ebay

http://stores.ebay.com.au/HID-Trading

do u know which one will fit??

btw... i dunnno wts the difference between LED and the ones with HB4, H7... r these LEDs too???

Edited by XploShun

it's disgusting isn't it. with all that effing grease there, too. i got a bit of a cut as well.

let's all go and sue toyota. :lol:

hey guys!! i need 1 more help for the light bulbs...

i changed the low and high beams already...

but u know.. theres this other bulb on the side... (beside the LOW BEAM, towards outside)

what size is it? can i change that???

That's your parker bulbs. It should be the standard W5W (5 Watt Wedge). You can change these with the blue vision parkers, BJ Union parkers Tangcla is selling or the appropriate LED.

Isnt it funny that they couldnt make it any easier to change a bulb in the hatch lid??? :blink: What about for like old people or people with NO knowledge of cars etc.......YES shao i agree we should all file a case against TOYOTA and their poorly designed hatch lid!!!! :D :lol: :P

Isnt it funny that they couldnt make it any easier to change a bulb in the hatch lid??? :blink: What about for like old people or people with NO knowledge of cars etc.......YES shao i agree we should all file a case against TOYOTA and their poorly designed hatch lid!!!! :D :lol: :P

i think the ppl who designed the plastic trim for it where on the other side of the universe, when the ppl who were designing the rear wiper assembly.

I think its all about making sure that you DON'T change the bulb ... the idea is that you get the bulb changed when you're next at Toyota for a service.

They probably have a special tool that does that job in 30 seconds flat ... :D

crap!!! i think.. those REAR number plates bulbs r the same as the parkers!!!!

i shouldve bought 2 pairs.....

anyway!!! wts LED?? and those.. now white globes???? wts the difference??

which is better??

r there any LED parkers???

if u get those cheapo blue wedge bulbs, most likely they fade and u're back to square one lol

spend on some decent quality LEDs and u get them lasting forver and staying nice and white. BUT having said that, the LED u get needs to have some proper lenses to spread the light.

if u ask northy nicely i'm sure he would take a pic for ya

crap!!! i think.. those REAR number plates bulbs r the same as the parkers!!!!

i shouldve bought 2 pairs.....

anyway!!! wts LED?? and those.. now white globes???? wts the difference??

which is better??

r there any LED parkers???

if u get those cheapo blue wedge bulbs, most likely they fade and u're back to square one lol

spend on some decent quality LEDs and u get them lasting forver and staying nice and white. BUT having said that, the LED u get needs to have some proper lenses to spread the light.

if u ask northy nicely i'm sure he would take a pic for ya

huh!? proper lenses? where and how can i get it???

are LEDs better than normal globes?

Edited by XploShun