White Console Lights

Brad!

I take no credit for this D.i.Y, but hope it helps...

1. Remove the center A/C knob and remove the screw

2. Pull up on the shifter boot/panel. Unplug the harnessess and set it aside

3. Remove the one screw on each side

4. Take off the A/C panel, unplug harnessess, and set it aside

5. Pull firmly on the left and right A/C knobs to remove them, and set them aside

6. Using THIN needle nose pliers, remove the stock bulbs by twisting them, they will fall out from behind, be sure to catch them.

7. Take a pair of decent wire cutters, and snip away at the white A/C housing. You will cut only the uppermost center "support" the runs right through the center knob. It is thin plastic and will cut fine. Go as deep as the wire cutters go, and make the notch about 1/4 long (worked for me).

8. I used velcro placed on the mounting tabs of the neon bar to secure it to the white plastic housing, just make sure to center it the best you can.

9. Cut the socket plug off the end of the wire for the neon, be sure you cut AFTER the transformer.

10. Unplug the white harness that goes to center back of the white A/C panel.

11. The transformer has double sided tape on the back, so I stuck it to the front of the plastic crap back in the dash. Plug the neon into the transformer.

12. Pull the power and ground wires apart.

13. Use a red wire tap on the GREEN wire located on the right side of the white A/C harness. Tap the power into this wire. This way it will come on with the lights, but not dim, and it is right there and easy.

14. Remove the center console. (two 10MM bolts in the consle)

15. Put a yellow eye ring on the ground wire, and ground it using the bolt (11MM) that is on the E-brake mounting plate. There are other grounds, but this one is just too easy.

16. Just make sure to run the wire to the neon so it will not be pinched when you put the control panel back on

17. Reassmble in reverse order after testing.

Some Pictures to help....

11.jpg

123.jpg

566.jpg

4.jpg

• 3 months later...

hey man did that just change the centre lights for the ac or did it change the other lights as well can u take a pic of the whole centre console so i can see.

or do you come to the meets???

hey bigbum, your clock is the same as the stivo one isnt it? i'm pretty sure :blink: but if u pull it off u should be able to change the led behind there to a white one... btw i reckon give it a go should look awesome mate

hey bigbum, your clock is the same as the stivo one isnt it? i'm pretty sure :blink: but if u pull it off u should be able to change the led behind there to a white one... btw i reckon give it a go should look awesome mate

Deffinately. I never thought of the white background idea. I've currently got blue condoms on the bulbs atm that give it a dull aqua like colour. Will have to try white sometime next week ;)

i reckon... lemme know what it looks like anyway mate... i've toyed with this idea too... but i dont want red hmm.... how hard do u reckon it is to change the lights on the instruments?

i reckon... lemme know what it looks like anyway mate... i've toyed with this idea too... but i dont want red hmm.... how hard do u reckon it is to change the lights on the instruments?

Not too sure actually. Changing the instrument itself isn't too difficult, but the light colour... now that's a whole different ball game.