Tuning my Runx

Ok guys and gals, I'm interested in tuning my rolla with the Camcon unit. Now before you jump in my skin and say that this topic's been covered, it hasnt; so lend me your thinking caps.

Newbie question: How exactly DO I tune with the Camcon unit, more over Whats Air Flow tuning all about??

I know the logic is Gas + air + spark = combustion = POWER. hehe, so I'm assuming that with the unit, I would set / modify the amount of Gas and air at a particular rpm and throughout the powerband??

but then, how do i know whats good and whats not. I imagine the unit would tell me if I'm running "lean" or "rich", but how do i know what that "nirvana" point is???

I havent a clue...

If I run too lean then???

if I run too rich then???

Ok guys and gals, I'm interested in tuning my rolla with the Camcon unit. Now before you jump in my skin and say that this topic's been covered, it hasnt; so lend me your thinking caps.

Newbie question: How exactly DO I tune with the Camcon unit, more over Whats Air Flow tuning all about??

I know the logic is Gas + air + spark = combustion = POWER. hehe, so I'm assuming that with the unit, I would set / modify the amount of Gas and air at a particular rpm and throughout the powerband??

but then, how do i know whats good and whats not. I imagine the unit would tell me if I'm running "lean" or "rich", but how do i know what that "nirvana" point is???

I havent a clue...

If I run too lean then???

if I run too rich then???

it sounds like your shouldn't be tuning it if you dont already know. The camcom has been covered to death so the info that you are looking for will be either in the search button or in the FAQ http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5503

Its not the camcon info I require, its the concept behind tuning using such a device that I am inquiring about.

What to look for, what the basics are [in practice and theory]. I find it hard to suscribe to your "it sounds like your shouldn't be tuning it if you dont already know" approach.

Isnt the nature of the board information oriented?

Thanks nevertheless...

To find the "nirvana" point would require a dyno.

Could try this link to get some info on everything ECU tuning related.

Plus who says the camcon wont work in the Sportivo/Runx, it works in the 2zz Celica.

Also to put it simply;

If I run too lean? you risk breaking your engine.

If I run too rich? you risk using too much fuel.

Edited by SuperDave

To find the "nirvana" point would require a dyno.

Could try this link to get some info on everything ECU tuning related.

Plus who says the camcon wont work in the Sportivo/Runx, it works in the 2zz Celica.

Also to put it simply;

If I run too lean? you risk breaking your engine.

If I run too rich? you risk using too much fuel.

Also if you run rich for a long period of time it'll wear the valve guides a hell of a lot quicker.

Also if you run rich for a long period of time it'll wear the valve guides a hell of a lot quicker.

Mines running rich .. is there a way of reducing this ? dyno day, simon recommended i buy a apexi a/f or something like that .. :unsure:

E-manage or SAFC will be able to sort that out. But maybe get e-manage and its ignition harness, since u will be tuning its air/fuel ratio, may aswell jump and tune the ignition. If unichip gives result, then e-manage will do so too.