Electrical fail-safe mode

Kombi17

Hi, has anyone else experience some sort of electrical fail-safe mode with their Klugers.

A few months ago, I installed some daytime running lights which meant cutting and joining some wires. Everything went according to plan but soon after the speakers went completely dead. It was just the speakers, all other electrical components worked fine including the entertainment unit - just no sound came out. About 24 hours later, just before I had booked it in for a service, the speakers were working just fine as if nothing had happened.

This Monday in Perth was one of the wettest January day in 18 years and my car got drenched including driving through some deep puddles at 50-60 kph. Sure enough, the speaker went mute for about 24 hours again and started working again afterwards. No warning lights and nothing else not working, just the speakers. 

Someone suggested it was some sort of fail-safe mode to protect itself as in both occasions I was putting the electrical under some 'pressure'. It seems plausible but why just the speakers? Anyway, has anyone else experience something similar? It doesn't seem to be a fuse, or a dodgy wiring issue as the speakers have only conked out during those specific events and for only 24 hours.