Need help with Fog Lights Installation

denzele

Hi everyone 

Hoping someone can help me out here . Trying to install fog lights on Yaris 2007 Hatchback that I got from ebay . They are marked as TY170A or something like that . Everything is included pretty much switch,relay wiring etc... Would really appreciate if someone can guide me how to properly install this . My Yaris is not pre-wired for fog lights . I have some basic knowledge where to to connect wiring but here it seems that there is more plugs to be plugged somewhere and I'm not sure . Any help would be really appreciated .  

20190525_104524.jpg

Hi there jeffy thanks for that . It definitely helps a lot . Unfortunately I'm missing part where you use red wire that comes from fog lights itself that suppose to go on battery . If you look closely on my picture there there is a white plug that  connects them and then it goes all the way to relay on the left . Very confusing to be honest .

Normally you should have red wire close one to the fog lights that will go to battery and black wire to ground it somewhere close . Then switch that is inside car should also have it's own red wire and ground black one to power switch when needed . This more likely looks to me like that I need to plug some of this plugs somewhere to get everything working instead of manually wiring . Something like OEM maybe . Ahh well will keep researching .

Thanks jeffy....😀

This is a separate wired unit. It allows you to independently run the foglights without having to use the parkers. 

IMG_20140426_113114.jpg

If you wanna use OEM wiring, iirc you would need the wiring harness that comes from a Yaris that has footlights installed.

I remember sending out a wiring plug to another member about 6 years ago, as he tried to use the oem stalk for his foglight switch.

EDIT: pics added
switchtocau1.jpg

switchtocau.jpg

switchtocau2.jpg

This is what yours would look like if you open up your stalk. Its Tedious to go OEM, which is why i opted for the independent wiring.

But if you have enough patience its also doable, Members ride with OEM wired foggies:

https://au.toyotaownersclub.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n32/mbruce1/BigWhite7_zpse08016eb.jpg&key=ce47543535b65ee3454c41d18470ae2de4b66d7b1ac74990703ce6dbe4e09150

Thanks mate . I think I will run all new wiring and set up a switch inside for fog lights . Probably will have to get all new wiring harness to fit this one . Thanks again .