Camry SL hybrid 2019 vs SX V6

abr126

Hi all, looking at either getting the SL hybrid or SX V6. Have previously had a Aurion so used to have a V6. The SL hybrid has a few extras like blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert and heads up display. Never had a hybrid before so a bit unsure about them. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Best advice for you - drive it. Ask for a loaner for a few hours at least, get a good feel for it as it's very different to a petrol car, especially the powerful V6 with almost instant acceleration. Really depends on your driving style & how you want to drive it. Almost impossible to accelerate anywhere quick these days without fear of losing your license so the Hybrid is great & it's an easy 5L or less/100kms with the new gen car.

ps: pitty Toyota don't offer the SX with the Hybrid option, would be my pick.

Edited by ZZT86

Thanks ZZT86. I’ve driven them both and both feel really nice. Hybrid CVT is a bit different to get used to. Petrol 8 speed feels really nice. Would be good if the SX had all the safety features but I guess thats not a deal breaker. 

SX V6 would be the most entertaining & smoothest but also easiest to lose your license on 😕

What extra safety features does the SL have over the SX? Would have thought exactly the same.

The SL has blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert and heads up display. Also has cooling front seats and front drivers seat memory - 2 memory settings. Think that is the main different, plus SL has moonroof. 

That's dumb, all cars should have safety as standard esp blind spot monitoring. Heads up could also be considered a safety feature really, the ventilated seats with memory are a luxury.

I'll tell you what - I recently drove a Kia Cerato & all I can say is that I was pleasantly surprised just how good a car it is. Suspension is extremely well sorted - first class really, brakes were great, engine ability/smoothness & economy were good. Interior was average as it was a base model but hey - it's cheap plus that 7 year warranty. Well worth a look. Toyota is no longer alone, this from a life long Toyota fan & owner.

Edited by ZZT86

I know, bit strange why they do that. I might even check out the new rav4.

I test drive a little cerato GT awhile ago and agree it felt good. But they put a fake engine noise in the cabin which wasn’t very pleasant.