I have a 2015 Aurion Presara and lately have had issues with the audio unit rebooting when I start the car. This doesn’t happen all the time so maybe once a month. Had software update and company who make them have said the audio unit needs to be replaced. Toyota further can’t work out exactly what is wrong with it either. All wires appear fine etc. Wondering if anyone could tell me of their own experiences with this and thoughts on a refurbished one. I’m not happy they want to replace with a refurbished one as I feel it’s safety issue that runs the whole car. It’s out of new car warranty but paid a extended dealer warranty so they will cover for a refurbished one.

8 hours ago, 2015AurionPresara said:

I’m not happy they want to replace with a refurbished one as I feel it’s safety issue that runs the whole car. It’s out of new car warranty but paid a extended dealer warranty so they will cover for a refurbished one.

I do not follow your reasoning. If you think that the underlying cause is an electrical fault that could cause a fire then that is a very different matter. A refurbished unit should have been fully tested and guaranteed, Looks like the extended dealer warranty was a good choice.

3 hours ago, campbeam said:

Thank you for your reply, I’m just concerned cause it’s not just an “audio unit” as such, it’s the screen that runs the navigation, reverse camera, audio, Bluetooth etc.. I 100% agree ... I’m very glad we paid for the extra warranty. I’m sure time will tell if it fixes the issue. 

Hi I agree with Ashley, if your main concern is a fire because of the unit you have then Yes go with the refurbished unit, as all safety checks should have been performed on it to ensure its safety and with your warranty covering the cost involved. I hope it will fix your issue as it sounds like it is in the existing unit as you said nothing was located after their checks on the rest of the system.

Keep us updated as too the outcome

KAA