QLD Corolla/Sportivo Meet

hames, i think you're on ya own :P

on a serious note tho, i just want to make it clear that sensible driving IS TO BE remembered. its a cruise not a race. no heroics, no hotdogging, no egging ppl to race. don't ruin the day for everyone else coz u rolled the car whilst trying to do impossible corners at impossible speeds. i know someone who did just that today. he was lucky to walk away from it. or rather climb would have been the more appropriate term.

i think u get the idea.

nonetheless i'm looking forward to having fun on sunday and meeting everyone!

going to that all toyota thing at acacia ridge seems to be a good idea! danthuyer, what do u reckon? should we go in and have a quick peek? it'd be a good showcase for the sportivos.

UPDATE!!!!!!

IT looks as though we may be making an appearance in the toyota day celebrations. This means that the meeting point will be changed to multilevel carpark at grifith Uni (nathan campas) on the bottom level (yes thats the one pete)

at 9.30am From there we will move onto the toyota at Acia Ridge then onto our cruise.

Can you all get back to me ASAP and let me know if you would like to do this or not???

Cheers

Craig

map1_001.jpg

map2.jpg

The red dot is the meeting place. There are 2 ways to get into the campus.

Follow Griffith Road up the hill till u get to the roundabout and turn right.

When u get to the 2nd roundabout it is the 2nd exit.

The other way is from the SE Freeway. Take the Klump Road exit, keep to the extreme right and turn right at the first set of lights. Keep going straight past a big roundabout and straight thru another smaller one. Once past the first speed bump, watchout for a little slip road to the left and follow the slip road. the end of the slip road should lead u to the left and into the entrance of the carpark.

You will see some barriers that should be raised. Go thru those barriers. Meet at the bottom level. Its the only Multi-storey carpark there so u wouldn't really miss it.

If u think u're gonna be lost PM me or danthuyer for contact details.

sorry for the bad image :( didnt have much at work to do anything with :(

thx shao for pics. Also apologise for the late change in plans. but I think it would be good for us to rock on up to the Toyota Day festivites and 'show off' our cars. then we can have a great cruise up over the mountain.

I will be making some photocopy's of maps and a guide for us all to use from Toyota day to the mountain. We will also be having a couple of stop points along the way so no one should get lost once we all start ;) (not even you michael :P )

List is now up to 10 cars :D

Members

Danthuyer - white

Stoopidhead - black

Shaohaok - black

Sportiv - ???

Hames - black

DeathZone - blue

Sportivo Rice - black (when clean)

Guests

Jim - ???

Iven - blue

Jonny - red

So it should make for a GREAT photo OP :) I have a professional photographer coming along for the day also (well not a pro just a mate but he loves cars/photos and goes great work)

So see you all at griffith uni 9.00 -> 9.30 am on Sunday :D

Is it just me or are most the cars going Black ones. I know I will make sure my car is nice and shiny for Sunday....

Another option to cruize to would be the winter nationals at Wilowbank, I think they are on Saturday and Sunday this week.....

Peter.

feel free to invite other toyotas :) but we have to get as many stivos together for a huge shoot for the bouys down south :P so we can stick it to them :)

BTW - Sportiv. Greg has to decline as he has to play rugby at 11.am All the best greg hope you win. Just remember you will be sorely missed ;)