Toyota Hiace 2008 2.5 diesel

Rikrik

hi. I have a Toyota Hiace 2008 2.5 diesel. Mileage is 68000 miles. After buying the van I was driving home. After 200 miles the engine management light came on  3 seconds later the van cut out. It didn’t start after that. Toyota has had the van for 4 weeks and can’t figure out the fault. Starts with easy start. Fuel pump got tested and is good. Been advised it’s not getting fuel to injectors. Anyone have any idea what can be the cause? 
Thanks. 

Welcome to the forum Rik..I am sure some of the great brains will have suggestions for you, many on here with a lot of knowledge..I am surprised Toyota themselves don't have an answer for you yet..

Hope it gets sorted soon

KAA

On 10/22/2020 at 6:23 AM, Rikrik said:

hi. I have a Toyota Hiace 2008 2.5 diesel. Mileage is 68000 miles. After buying the van I was driving home. After 200 miles the engine management light came on  3 seconds later the van cut out. It didn’t start after that. Toyota has had the van for 4 weeks and can’t figure out the fault. Starts with easy start. Fuel pump got tested and is good. Been advised it’s not getting fuel to injectors. Anyone have any idea what can be the cause? 
Thanks. 

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're in the U.K. when you refer to mileage and the fact your Hiace has the 2.5 lt. We have the 3.0 lt D-4D here in Australia.

You say the fuel pump got tested and was found to be ok ?? Did they check anything else ? The only thing that will prevent fuel from reaching the fuel injectors would be a bad fuel pump, a blocked fuel filter, leaky injectors or some kind of blockage in the fuel lines. I think the 2.5 also has a fuel solenoid. If so, i'd be checking this too.

The fuel pump could seem to be functioning but with a loss in pressure. So your guy needs to check and see what kind of fuel pressure it's putting out first.

• Like 1