Interference between reverse lights, indicator and brake lights

BlueLux

Hey guys, so I've got a 2012 Hilux and having the following issue:

- When I put it in reverse, reverse lights come on OK but the left indicator comes on and stays solid, including on my dash

- When I indicate left while moving forward, it flashes OK but when I hit the brakes the indicator goes off, stays off, but the left brake light flashes on and off

I have pulled out the brake lights to check it's all plugged in but lost as to where to go next, short of going to an auto elec and paying $$$

Has anyone had a similar issue they've been able to fix

Sounds to me like you may have a loose ground wire somewhere mate. HAve you had any work done to the rear of the vehicle recently ??

I don't have a Hilux anymore, but if you're able to trace out the cabling to the back end you may find a ground wire loose or off completely.

Ok great that gives me something to look for

I bought it only six months ago, I understand the rear right hand side light assembly was replaced at some point, and a reversing camera has been installed also which experiences a similar issue

11 minutes ago, BlueLux said:

Ok great that gives me something to look for

I bought it only six months ago, I understand the rear right hand side light assembly was replaced at some point, and a reversing camera has been installed also which experiences a similar issue

Human intervention can always lead to unwanted issues unfortunately Matt. I would then suspect something has occurred as a result of this. I'd also look for any pinched wiring too. It's a pain, but it's what an auto elec guy have would do too. Have a good look around and inspect your wiring with a strong LED light