Hello new member here and owner of a 2011 Toyota Aurion.

Hi All

I'm glad to have found this forum when searching for information on upgrading my Aurion with an Apple CarPlay head unit plus thinking of adding in a reversing camera.

Looking at the Sony XAV-AX1000 head unit (currently on special at Supercheap Auto $499 down to $349) , which my son is confident that he can install, so I'm sitting here researching the other parts required for the job - fascia kit etc. It's whole new world!!! 

I spoke with a local car audio store who gave a price of $720 fully installed for the above unit. It would be easy to have it installed by someone but I also like the idea of saving the money, by installing ourselves, to go towards new tyres!! I'm enjoying reading about the tyres you all put on your Aurions. 

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Glad to be here. Thanks.

Edited by Lifestyle1
Wanted to add to it

Welcome to the forum Leanne, hope all goes easy with the head unit replacement, it should if your son takes his time and you have all the right harness fittings etc. I did go with the fitting by an expert as far too much wiring in our Presara for me to do myself plus wanted everything functioning.

Keep us updated on how things go, and some pic's always welcome for us to enjoy

Enjoy the forum as a lot on here are extremely helpful with information and advise

KAA

19 hours ago, Lifestyle1 said:

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Glad to be here. Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum. I have yet to replace the head unit until absolutely necessary so always keen to hear of other's recent experiences. From a recent post, it is best that the battery is disconnected when doing the head unit replacement. This avoids a lot of issues with blown fuses etc.

When it comes to tyres, it is what is going to meet your driving needs. I am more interested in a touring tyre with wet weather performance. I have got a set of new unused Continental Ultra Contact 6 [215/60/16] on alloy wheels that I will be fitting onto my Aurion later this year. If I was looking at buying new tyres then I would be considering Michelin Primacy 4. Also Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE004 was introduced overseas in 2020 as a replacement for the RE003. Unfortunately, the RE004 has not yet been released in Australia presumably because they have plenty of existing stocks of the RE003. 

As a general guideline, do regular oil changes every 8000kms or 6 months. If it has not been recently done, then do consider changing the automatic transmission fluid.