Post Alerts in my Email Client Arrive In Junk Folder

Tony Prodigy

I have had this nagging issue when I receive my alerts via email (hotmail), that they are almost always flagged as junk despite numerous times, marking them "not junk" 

Anyone have any idea how to permanently fix this please ?

It is getting really frustrating.

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

This article shows the Menu path for changing the email filtering settings.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-osend/how-do-i-prevent-email-from-going-to-junk-folder/a824e420-d13e-4dbe-b1dd-322efe2c0b5c

I have never used HotMail because it seemed to be a main target for malware attacks. CyberSecurity at work previously denied access to HotMail accounts.

Now that has been extended so I am no longer able to access my personal email account at Yahoo.

On my home PC, I am using Advanced System Care and run a scan with the option to automatically remove and shut down PC. I also subscribe to daily software offers to get the giveaway PRO versions for free. https://giveawayradar.weebly.com/

Thanks for that Ash. I forgot there was a setting within hotmail, now outlook, where the setting icon kind of blends in and you have to have a keen eye to spot it lol.

I managed to get in and figure it out eventually. I had to add toyota@ownersclub.com to the "safe senders and domain" list found within the "Junk Email' option.

Thankfully, no more toyota owners club messages are popping up as junk. My inbox comprises of two folders, one "focused and one "other". They're coming into the "other folder" and that's good enough for me.

Previously I was right clicking on the message and then clicking onto "security options" > "not junk", thinking this would pull the actual domain out from the junk status. No good as it turned out. You have to physically type the domain address into the option mentioned above.

I've had my hotmail account from day one and although it's gone through various incarnations over the years, the client it is now is actually very good as it is an outlook based platform. I'm not really techy, but I find it to be satisfactory. I'm not sure, but I don't think you can register anymore new "hotmail" accounts either. They're using @live.com now. I also have one of these accounts because some registrations actually rejected "hotmail" and so I had to create a @live.com account to circumvent the restriction. I still actively use both these and a few others I also have. Everyone should probably have a gmail account right ? Particularly to be able to back up your phone contents/contact list etc. I found that out the hard way, when I smashed a Galaxy Note phone which contained ALL my contacts and Mr dumb dumb here never had it backed up 😜

I had to start from scratch again.

17 hours ago, campbeam said:

On my home PC, I am using Advanced System Care and run a scan with the option to automatically remove and shut down PC. I also subscribe to daily software offers to get the giveaway PRO versions for free. https://giveawayradar.weebly.com/

I have Norton anti virus internet security on my home PC as well as C cleaner. Previously was with Trend and thought I'd try Norton as they had free Cloud storage service available for no extra cost. So far so good.

As for programs etc, I have found filehippo.com to be a pretty decent source too. No viruses either.