Bootlid Replacement 2010 Aurion

Hi all, new to the forum here.

Recently got my 2010 Aurion ATX for my first car and the bootlid has a lot of paint damage and is overall very unappealing to look at. I have been looking for replacements at wreckers and am currently wondering if a sportivo Aurion bootlid would fit? 

thanks,

6 hours ago, PPlateAurion said:

wondering if a sportivo Aurion bootlid would fit?

Yes it will. The panels are all the same within a given series. The cosmetics differ in terms of bumpers, grilles etc, but essentially the metal work is all the same. I believe the Sportivo may even have the boot spoiler. I don't know which series you have.

2 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Yes it will. The panels are all the same within a given series. The cosmetics differ in terms of bumpers, grilles etc, but essentially the metal work is all the same. I believe the Sportivo may even have the boot spoiler. I don't know which series you have.

I believe it would be the GSV40R? Thanks for the help. What do you believe is a fair price for a bootlid? Currently very oblivious to everything

31 minutes ago, PPlateAurion said:

I believe it would be the GSV40R? Thanks for the help. What do you believe is a fair price for a bootlid? Currently very oblivious to everything

Just be careful when choosing the bootlid, given you have the facelifted model without the reversing camera. Any pre-facelift bootlid not made to fit the Presara will directly fit yours no problem. Some Sportivo ZR6 were fitted with the factory sat nav, therefore had the reverse camera as well. For the facelifted model, only the AT-X bootlid will be a direct replacement, as all specs from Sportivo SX6 upwards had the camera. 

It is not to say that the bootlids fitted with the camera will not work - it's just it you have a useless camera sitting there or you may want to hook up a compatible head unit after changing the boot lid.

This example from a pre-facelift AT-X is going for $400: Toyota Aurion Bootlid GSV40 10/2006-08/2009 | eBay. Whilst this one from a pre-facelift ZR6 with the spoiler and camera is going for $990: TOYOTA AURION, Bootlid/Tailgate, BOOTLID, GSV40R, LIP SPOILER, W/ CAMERA TYPE, 10/06-03/12 (toylexrus.com.au)

For the cost of replacement and the hassle of swapping over the key barrel and wiring, you might be better off repainting the whole lid. 

There are plenty of 40 series Aurions wrecking everywhere. I'm pretty confident the OP will find one to suit. If it's an ATX, then it would be obviously cheaper and sensible to go like for like, but in the event no good ones are available, then the higher priced option is always there. He can also swap out the rear garnish an fit the ATX one right ? That is, if he doesn't have the camera set up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noodle Boy said:

Just be careful when choosing the bootlid, given you have the facelifted model without the reversing camera. Any pre-facelift bootlid not made to fit the Presara will directly fit yours no problem. Some Sportivo ZR6 were fitted with the factory sat nav, therefore had the reverse camera as well. For the facelifted model, only the AT-X bootlid will be a direct replacement, as all specs from Sportivo SX6 upwards had the camera. 

It is not to say that the bootlids fitted with the camera will not work - it's just it you have a useless camera sitting there or you may want to hook up a compatible head unit after changing the boot lid.

This example from a pre-facelift AT-X is going for $400: Toyota Aurion Bootlid GSV40 10/2006-08/2009 | eBay. Whilst this one from a pre-facelift ZR6 with the spoiler and camera is going for $990: TOYOTA AURION, Bootlid/Tailgate, BOOTLID, GSV40R, LIP SPOILER, W/ CAMERA TYPE, 10/06-03/12 (toylexrus.com.au)

For the cost of replacement and the hassle of swapping over the key barrel and wiring, you might be better off repainting the whole lid. 

Thank you for the information I hadn’t thought about the reverse camera. I believe that finding a trunk would still be cheaper than repainting the whole lid as I’ve been enquiring for bootlids around 300