problems with a new toyota corolla zr since new

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: MY NAME IS PAUL I HAVE A 2021 TOYOTA COROLLA ZR I HAVE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH THE CAR WHEN I PUT THE CAR INTO REVERSE SOMETIMES IT GOES BANG SOUNDS  LIKE THAT I HAVE HAVE HIT ANOTHER CAR I HAVE TAKEN THE CAR TO TWO DEALERS BUT IT DOESNT COME ON AND THE CANT FIND THE PROBLEM I HAVE THE CAR REVOOK IN FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS SO THEY CAN FIND THE PROBLEM TO ME IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE TRANSMISSION IN REVERSE I HAVE ASK THE DEALERS FOR A NEW GEAR BOX BUT THEY TOLD ME THEY CANT DO ANYTHING IF YOU WONT FIX THE PROBLEM WITH A NEW TRANSMISSION THE HAS ONLY 5000KM THIS HAS HAPPEN SINCE NEW IF YOU WONT FIX THE PROBLEM I WILL BE WRITING TO TOYOTA IN JAPAN HEAD OFFICE THAT TOYOTA AUSTRALIA WONT DO ANYTHING TO FIX THE PROBLEM  I WILL GO TO THE MEDIA AND TELL THEM I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE CAR AND TOYOTA WONT HELP HOW WILL THAT GO DOWN BEING NUMBER 1 IN AUSTRALIA 

PAUL EVANS 

Edited by Hiro
Mobile number redacted for obvious reasons

Paul,

Whilst you have every right to feel frustrated at your situation, and it can be useful to other owners or potential buyers that problems do exist, this is not the place to be directing a complaint.  This is an owner's club, not an official Toyota group.  There are no official representatives from Toyota here.

Also, please refrain from making posts in all-capitals.  It is poor internet-etiquette, and makes it look like you're shouting constantly.

• Like 1

You did not mention what combination of engine and transmission that your vehicle has been fitted with. 

2.0L Dynamic Force direct injection petrol engine with 6 speed manual or auto CVT, or 1.8L Toyota Hybrid System and auto CVT

I previously bought an automatic Honda Accord [2002?] with the well known problem of an internal transmission filter that got clogged up after approx. 80,000kms. It would have an occassional harsh gear change very much as you described. Broken engine and transmission mounts would most likely have been caused by the massive shudder going through the transmission and vehicle. 

I do not know anything about the auto CVT whether it has a valve body and a transmission filter same as an automatic transmission. 

3 hours ago, campbeam said:

You did not mention what combination of engine and transmission that your vehicle has been fitted with. 

2.0L Dynamic Force direct injection petrol engine with 6 speed manual or auto CVT, or 1.8L Toyota Hybrid System and auto CVT

Being a ZR it'll have to be CVT, the only manual 12th gen was the base Ascent Sport.  Although the petrol and hybrid CVTs are different from each other

• Thanks 1